Bolton saved / Bury chucked out The Football League

Not necessarily. Leeds did that and it nearly killed them off too.

I havenā€™t looked too deeply into either but I think it might be. Both seem to be financial mismanagement rather than simply a lack of finances.

I was being facetious

I think Bolton is a clear case of financial mismanagement, not so much Bury which is just an early case of the lower professional leagues going under

1 Like

Man, fuck Kevin Nolan.

Sad about Bolton though.

Always sad to see this sort of thing.

But to be fair, I do remember wishing for this to happen about 12 years ago lol

7 Likes

They had some skill thrown into there probably more so then Stoke to be fair. Bolton at times played some fantastic football, and finished in the top half of the table for a reason. Crazy for a Allardyce side I know. I think they were the first side to show to combat Wenger style of football and many over the years used it to perfection.

Shame as for a while they were PL stalwarts but once they lost big Sam, they felt it.

1 Like

In the mean time

1 Like

Cunts :gabriel:

https://twitter.com/alansmith90/status/1166365775923466242

1 Like

Thatā€™s Sky Sports for you, outside the PL they donā€™t give a damn about any other clubs. Jim White is a horrible cunt of the highest order too.

3 Likes

1 Like

Hopefully Bolton drag themselves out of it. Such a shame about Bury and awful for all those involved in the club. They were one of my favourite EFL teams. There was one season where they were a shoe-in every week for both teams to score. They were the first name on my team sheet, so to speak. So I developed a bit of a soft spot for them.

2 Likes

Dirty double standards.

Big clubs get lawyered up. Small clubs are like lambs to the slaughter

2 Likes

Shit :frowning_face:

Poor Bury :disappointed: gutted for the fans staff and players

Guess their hopes of survival have been well and truly buriedā€¦

:sweat_smile:

Apparently theyā€™re the first team since Maidstone in 1992 to be expelled from the Football League. Only three teams will get relegated from the division this season.

Like many of these sides that collapse, I wonder how long itā€™ll be until a reborn AFC side emerges.

3 Likes

134 years :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Too soon. Tut tut @Mysty Expected that from The Sun, not you

This fit and proper ownership rule has been and continually goes ignored time and time again by the EFL and causes constant misery to people.
Blackpool, Birmingham, Bolton, Pompey the farce with Coventry Bolton and now Bury get the sorriest ending to a proud proper club.
Souless sport and morally corrupt game bleeding itself dry of any decency.

4 Likes

Bury was the first team I managed on FIFA and Soccermanager.
Such a shame :frowning:

1 Like