Bloodred Cannon Shooters vs Baby Blue Sandsurfers: NEW BEGINNINGS

Not exactly the ideal fixture to start a new season and a new era with but one consolation is we are at home . Our defence still worries me even with all the new players and the backroom staff .
My heart says 2-1 to us but my head says otherwise.
It’s going to be another rollercoaster of a season but one we’ve been waiting for . There’s no doubt we will see a much harder working Arsenal with and without the ball .

3 Likes

Michael Oliver the ref for this match

1 Like

Tricky. At least no Atkinson.

What team are we expecting for this one?

I’m assuming our back line, tasked with the easy job of stopping Aguero, Sané and Mahrez, will be Bellerin, Sokratis, Mustafi and AMN. AKA Bellerin, traffic cone, traffic cone, AMN. I think he’ll go with Cech in goal, but neither option will stop that defence being garbage.

Will Emery risk Torreira and Xhaka in midfield despite them only just being back? I think he has to, with Ramsey as the other midfielder – if he’s fit and still here obvs. If we have none of those three available… well, erm, fun times.

There aren’t any problems with our attack. Personally i’d go with Mkhitaryan, PEA and Özil, but I think Emery might go with Lacazette and push Auba our wide.

Either way, I think we’ll need to score at least 4 goals to win this one :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Cunt.

2 Likes

Mahrez to score 100% nailed on, that’s my prediction.

Aguero to probably score

8-0 City. Time to move on. You deserved Wenger for another year.

Of course they are

4 Likes
3 Likes

So predictable. Pep is such a media cunt. Let’s destroy him!

Can’t help but be excited for the official start of the post Wenger era, but genuinely expecting us to get fucked with no lube lol

8 Likes

Our squad had the chance to play together for the whole pre-season, while City’s not. It should be a slight advantage.

Could be a cracker. 2-2, both sides content.

I don’t think that’s as important as you think it is in light of the gulf in class between the two teams.

But I hope you’re right!

1 Like

Boys will be up for this one, start off as we mean to go on…3-1 to us.

1 Like

I think them having better players in almost every position should be a slight advantage for them too, only a slight one, mind…

2 Likes

City by at least 2. No vaseline.

1 Like

Gonna say we’ll win. Dunno why the optimism but there ya go!

Respectable loss. Reality check