Bloodred Cannon Shooters vs Baby Blue Sandsurfers: NEW BEGINNINGS

Yeah not judging Unai on this season. Got to give him a few transfer windows to sort this shit out

1 Like

I agree, but not going to hold it much against him. Genuinely shocked Torreira isn’t starting.

Wouldn’t go far to say he’s not been good at all.

But yeah the hype of his performance is unwarranted.

We’d be extremely lucky to get something, city are in complete control and look like they really won’t be tested.

1 Like

Take out Xhaka, put Toreira on. He cannot be worse than Xhaka for sure.

1 Like

I am comparing him to Welbeck.

His work rate is helping the team, Welbeck’s work rate is not

Sterling strolls past him like he isn’t even there.

1 Like

Given Kroenke’s attitude towards the respect pro teams he owns, it will be “sorted” only if some of the younger players develop into good players, not by buying good defenders.

At some point this season, I’d hope that Holding and others get a shot back there. Better to lose with younger players getting experience/improving than established players that aren’t at the needed level.

2 Likes

Mhiky and Ozil are both great football players, but they are both natural number 10’s not wingers, we are so missing someone who will play more directly and try to take on players (like Mahrez for example)

1 Like

Too much too soon for Guendouzi, but he’s putting in dogs work and recovered strong as the half went on. Cannot fault the commitment.

1 Like

Tbf Ronnie, we’ve been using this sort of logic for years.

Why did we put up with Cygan when we could have kept Upson?

There has always been deadwood, even in the glory years

1 Like

Guendouzi is not the problem here, I think he is doing to much on his own in the midfield. Xhaka the less said the better

Harsh on Geundouzi. Think he’s been good enough amongst a pretty weird team performance so far. Youthful negligence for the goal? He’s at least not hiding out there; managing to break play up and getting the ball out of his clutches in any direction.

1 Like

Well, we are never going to be a Man Utd or a Man City when it comes to spending. We just have to hope we find young talent and make stars out of them as that is the only way we can even dream of competing in this league. I don’t see us competing for many years to come, not with Kroenke at the helm as he seems to be happy with a top 4 finish, which also looks very very hard this season.

2 Likes

Yikes. That tells you everything you need to know.

Thank goodness Cech didn’t own goal himself there. :joy:

He’s not been brilliant but he, along with Hector are probably the best of a bad bunch

Mahrez isn’t direct. He’s a culprit for slowing down counter attacks. Dribbles, tucks in-field and looks for options. Worked wonderfully at Leicester with Vardy (who, ironically, is the most direct player Leicester and England have)

Can’t be doing with yet another player who slows us down

Okay, let us hope for a MUCH better second half.

That’s very unfortunate.
When there is a chance to upgrade, just do it; but our logic and classic excuse was, don’t want to affect a youth’s development.

Look at City, look at Barca, Bayern and all great teams, they could find a balance to win and develop youth, not just taking one and forfeit the other.