Bloodred Cannon Shooters vs Baby Blue Sandsurfers: NEW BEGINNINGS

No, I get where you’re coming from. I just don’t think he’d add too much to a team where we’re systemically getting things wrong.

Case in point, he was missing for Leicester last season and he was atrocious in the season that they were defending their title. He was a good servant for Leicester.

He’s just not what we need at this point in time, especially as his running isn’t as direct as we’d like

Ozil on the right is just awful.

Would much rather see Ramsey out there doing the dog work.

2 Likes

Cech is not that good with the ball at his feet. Xhaka can’t handle the press for shit. Mkhitaryan and Ozil need to wake the fuck up. Not been anywhere close to good enough.

Lacazette on for Mkhitaryan please

Is it a meltdown if every knew the defence was dire before we kicked off?

1 Like

Thankfully we’re still in it. Douzi has been good but let Sterling inside so easily for the goal it’s criminal.

We have a chance at getting something if we perform better in the second half.

Yes. Give Unai time to work with this sorry bunch of defenders

Have to agree. Ozil is just too limited out there. Ramsey would still be able to showcase his strenghts out wide.

Get Laca on out wide

2 Likes

look guys its on 0-1 its a drastic improvement even though are defenders arent great, under wenger we would be at least 0-3 and the game is already gone.

We definitely sucked in a different way than we used to suck, which is meant as a positive thing. We have chances and can win etc bla bla point is if we come out of this 0-1 or 0-2 I’m somewhat happy and hopeful.

2 Likes

Form is temporary and class is permanent.

IF we can tolerate having Welbeck and Iwobi that long, and Mahrez did not stand a chance to play for us?

Guendouzi has been good for his age and limited experience but I feel his showing so far is being magnified due to the poor play from the rest.

He played his part in the goal, no way should Torreria be on the bench for this kind of game.

2 Likes

Nowt wrong with optimism. :slight_smile: Just feel that they’re crap and not much to be done with them.

I’ll take that at half time. We’ve eventually settled into the game reasonably well and City haven’t been clinical after the start. Lichtsteiner’s helped plug that left side openness and early signs of his defensive intelligence are pretty good.

We’ve stayed in the game and have a sniff.

Ramsey’s enjoying this free role, Özil and Mkhitaryan have had a lot of work to do out wide but there have been moments where they’ve had opportunities to create.

2 Likes

Yep, they’re lost causes tbh.

Mustafi and Xhaka especially. Cech of course on a whole new level.

Badly need new CBs in January.

1 Like

This defence won’t be the same in the two seasons imo. All will be sold or made into backups

2 Likes

My concern as well.

Emery has to make chicken salad out of chicken shit back there.

5 Likes

It will be a small miracle if we don’t lose this.

3 Likes

If anything even remotely positive to come out of this season it’ll be a big plus. Need a couple summers to sort out this mess.

2 Likes

Guendouzi has not been good at all. Dont mistake youthful enthusiasm for quality.

So many fundamentals are lacking in his game

1 Like