I guess this gave me some inspiration…

2 Likes

I thought it was Pires with lipstick

7 Likes

:arteta:

2 Likes

Close enough

1 Like

I now find her approximately 40% more attractive.

5 Likes

The pass by Leno was a little suspect but by no means a hospital pass.

Ceballos can quite easily (i) first time it to Luiz who is in space (and he can quite clearly see him to his left); (ii) wall pass it back to Leno; or (iii) even option three which is right to Gabriel. The pass to Luiz first time is the obvious choice and would have enabled us to break free of their press. It appears to be an absolutely bog standard pattern of play which they must practice every single fucking day in training.

Why Ceballos decided to try and control the ball (or try some skill or whatever the fuck that was) is the real problem. I surmise he wanted to do some spinny spinny bullshit and look good by turning out of the press, as is his wont.

He has the quality to pass that first time to one of three players. Any midfielder worth his salt should be able to make any one of those three passes blindfolded.

9 Likes

To sum up your post.

Ceballos is shite and we should kick his ass back to Madrid in the summer.

Leno is SPITZENKLASSE and we were right to sell Emi CRYtinez last summer.

2 Likes

Leno must be without a doubt our most disrespected player in the modern banter era. Which is crazy when you think all the circus acts we’ve had between the sticks. Dude has came in for a modest fee and been absolutely rock solid week in week out for his entire Arsenal career yet people bust his balls at every opportunity.

10 Likes

Yeah the length Arsenal fans go to demean him is ridiculous. Our Top 2-3 player since he joined.

“Play it first time”

The idea that our boneheaded players should be making more first time passes in and around our box dosnt fill me with much confidence.

Its mostly just Emi Gang vs Leno Gang shit banter, well, from my end anyway. I think the same goes generally for most on here, any interest in trashing him is just to try and influence Trion to add or subtract points lol.

I think there are few people who don’t appreciate that he’s much better than what we’ve been used to in the last ten years or whatever.

6 Likes

Leno did it again last night passing to a midfielder surrounded by a bunch of pressing players. Elneny first timed it to Bellerin in the corner, but clearly it’s what he’s been instructed to do.

3 Likes

Or he has bad decision making? :man_shrugging:

Get deducting @Trion

1 Like

Keepers will sometimes get beaten at their near post. I blame Mari for walking away, if he didn’t do so he could’ve blocked the shot.

I blame Tierney there, just turning his back. Bad effort on the 0-3 goal too. Sometimes our best players just have a bad game.

Win our cup final and then go on holiday for the rest of the season.

Whoops, meant for the matchday thread :grin:

1 Like

Quite a few of them share the blame, no street smarts.

Totally switched off.

1 Like

I blame Arteta, just because he is the MAIN reason we are so shit.