Bernd Leno

That pass to Ceballos was beyond pathetic. Had a man on the right absolutely free, he just plays it calmly to the man in the worst position… Absolutely brainless.
His playing out from the back is becoming frustrating to say the least. :wenger2:

2 Likes

Blaming Leno for this should result in a death penalty tbh. Look how much space for the spanish ass to work with.

6 Likes

I really doubt Leno is at much liberty to decide how to play these type of situations. It’s quite clearly a case of play it to the holding midfielder whenever possible.

2 Likes

Ceballos is surrounded on all angles :joy:

He had two other much better options on his left and right.

8 Likes

Yeah. Any competent midfielder at this level should be handling that situation with no issues.
I don’t think Ceballos went for the pass to his left there. To me it looked like he tried to nutmeg El-Arabi, which is exactly what he shouldn’t be doing.

Leno and Martinez in the past have been specifically instructed to perform that kind of pass to one of holding midfielders. Leno did his job fine.

That’s a much better situation than Xhaka on Saturday and that was a fuck up too

1 Like

Leno’s pass was really laboured and allowed opposition player time to close down Ceballos.

9 Likes

Mate… Football isn’t a collection of frozen pics…

Take a look at the situation in true dynamics and say it’s not a dumb decision by Leno.

Had a clear situation to play it to BOTH players on the sides, he plays it straight to the middle. ZERO vision.

7 Likes

What the fuck is Xhaka doing, going back when he had all the time in the world.

2 Likes

Exactly. And it was a very tame pass. End of discussion really.

2 Likes

That’s what he does best tbh :grin:

1 Like

I think the blame should be sat with the old board selling to Kroenke.

1 Like

And in true dynamics Leno looks even more right to pick Ceballos as El-Arabi closed down the angle for him to pass to Luiz and Fortounis was ready to intercept the ball if Leno passed to Gabriel.

What?

Man, everything comes down to fucking Xhaka.
This is where Xhaka received the pass

Had 3 seconds to decide a pass and best he came up with was heading back

4 Likes

Ceballos fucked up. Leno plays with bums.

Sorry mate, but wtf are you smoking? :pires1:
Unless those players you mentioned possess Pikachu-like agility they couldn’t close down anything (on the wings). Plenty of time and space for Luiz or Gabriel if the ball was played to them.

Can’t believe anyone even doubts the pass to Ceballos was by far the worst option there, and a horrible and risky decision in general.

2 Likes

Might not have been the best pass but we were told Ceballos was a cool cat in possession and had press resistant qualities and I’ve seen him dispossessed in dangerous a few times recently which is not particularly different to the criticism we throw at Xhaka.

A good midfielder worth his wage at the top level should not be getting caught out in the way both Ceballos and Xhaka have been that’s for sure.

9 Likes

Absolutely, this was lowest level of test a midfielder can be put onto. Should have done a lot lot better than this.
As average as Elneny is, I have not seen him get done like this

3 Likes

It’s a risky pass to play at the end of the day and it’s an instruction that comes from the top. These situations will present themselves as this team goes through the teething problems of ‘learning’ this system, so I’d put it down as more of a collective fudge up, more than an individual.

There’s a chronological order of fucks during this move; Leno with a less than direct pass (oh fuck), into Dani, who is almost sandwiched between two forwards and fluffs his touch (oh fucking fuck) and said forward goes onto score with a scrambling Leno infront of goal (YOU FUCKING LITTLE BASTARD, HE’S DONE IT AGAAAIN) as a picture of Arteta pops up and the profanities carry on.

1 Like