Bernd Leno

We all believed Arteta had some plan.
In reality it was the typical nepotism, and love of shite seniors Misbah style and hatred of any exciting youngsters that Arteta has shown to exhibit.

Do you think coming from city background of not actively promoting youth has a factor on his outlook?

I think it was his promotion to manager that did it. Arteta the coach and Arteta the manager are two different people. We probably got a glimpse of it during lockdown when he intervened in the pay-cut dispute.

1 Like

Which was yet another shocking decision, the guy’s a novice and not only he’s appointed a coach, but he gets promoted without proving fuck all.

1 Like

Leno saving a pen from Jorginho at Emirates a year after he cost us the same match against Chelsea, you can’t make this up.

8 Likes

Hugely important penalty save to save the blushes of a bonehead challenge by Mari. Fuck knows what would have happened if the Rent boys got it back to 3-2.

Also saved me as I’d already dished texts out to my Chelsea supporting mates.

10 Likes

He’s just a super saiyan Neuer, that’s a fact.

2 Likes

Good save but it looked like a poor attempt. I did like that Mari went in super quick for the cuddle after the save. It’s like, yeah, he just pulled your ass out of the fire.

Yeah same I was being absolutely awful today during the game.

Very satisfying.

1 Like

Well done big man for that work you did at the end of normal time.

3 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

That little flick after the initial save was crucial as fuck

3 Likes

It would have been such a typical Arsenal way to lose the tie. A late goal to unfit Andy fucking Carroll.

But we’ve got Leno.

1 Like

He’s got much better. His first season was quite shaky imo.

I’d say after Ederson and Allison he has a shout for third best in the league

1 Like

World class fingertip save from the fred curler heading straight into the too right corner.

2 Likes

Calum said he could be our player of the season and I think that’s fair. He’s by far our most consistent player. Even when we had the bad patch his level didn’t drop.

4 Likes

Continues to come up with the goods, surely we should be looking to extend him now.

10 Likes

World class.

5 Likes

Thanks mate

1 Like

He’d be in our top 3 this season alongside Tierney and Saka.

2 Likes