Bernd Leno

I’m all for being optimistic but Leno seems to be the same keeper he was in his early 20’s, doesn’t seem to have ironed out mistakes and lapses in concentration, he also doesn’t have the consistency you would expect for a keeper of his experience.

Maybe he comes here and it all clicks into place and he becomes the keeper we’ve been waiting for but lets be real it’s quite unlikely.

Seems some people are getting happy at a new signing but they’ll be the first ones calling him shit should be exactly what he’s been like at Leverkusen in recent years.

I get the feeling that Sven knows our roster is a complete mess. So he’s using his network to get us some decent upgrades for the time being to give Emery something to work with. I think unearthing those gems like Dembele is a secondary priority atm because he’s got to do a shit ton of work just to get us back to challenge for top 4 again.

4 Likes

Our new GK coaching team will sort him out!

Typical of you :facepalm:

Hasn’t Javi Garcia coached ‘being an absolute tit’ out of Areola?

I really know nothing about Leno either way to make any judgement so far although I’m hoping he dethrones Cech immediately.

Mavropanos and Torreira? Both are u-23. Adli Arsenal were talking with too before he made the u-turn. Mislintat/Arsenal are actually looking at prospects. I’m not sure Lichtsteiner and Sokratis are upgrades they fill holes but to call them upgrades seems like a bit much.

Torreira is young but he’s a starting xi player, hopefully putting Xhaka to the bench or maybe we can sell him. Don’t see how Socratis could be shittier than Mustafi. So two upgrades immediately to the starting XI. Leno I’m sure he feels the same about. Looks to me like he’s targeting the weaker areas of our squad. Adli is a guy on a free is he not?

Adli is not coming anymore. Dembele was a starting player to for Rennes and then immediately with Dortmund. What do you mean with ‘unearthing those gems’ than? I’m not sure Mustafi is out of the team if he isn’t sold. Lichtsteiner and Sokratis imo much more fill holes, since we have no back up right back and Koscielny is out until november, than that they are targeted as improvements/upgrades.

This is right.
Emery and Sven have identified the weak areas of the squad and sorted some of them out.
Wenger would still be dithering over where he was going on holiday.

1 Like

Haha, love this weird chatter

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/1007385113007714309

Destined to wear the shirt? Lol

1 Like

2 Likes

Always missing few small details :mustafi:

Weird how every detailed rumour is coming out of Italy at the moment. The English press just seem to pick up and regurgitate it a week later.

1 Like

Oh yay. So glad we’re signing a goalkeeper who lacks presence and concentration. That’s one box ticked. Hopefully we’ll sign a blind DM next.

2 Likes

we also have a competent gk coach now too, he is actually quite a good gk which has not been at his best for a season or so. Before that though most people would be wanting him for sure. The gk coach we have now helped the PSG gk to be even better and Areola was singing his praises, he cant be as bad as cech so its worth a shot.

4 Likes

Quite excited with this signing.

8 Likes

Why the fuck did we give Cech the no.1 if we’re spending this much money on a keeper coming into his prime who will clearly be a starter. Do the people at Arsenal just love driving people up the wall with OCD fuckery.

1 Like