Benjamin White (4)

Aside from his dreadful start against Brentford in the first game he’s definitely now Ben White not so shite.

I gulped at his cost but think he looks like a good pacy ball playing centre back who’s an upgrade on Luiz and who makes a good pair with Gabriel

I feel we have our best centre back pair in a very long time (I prefer to the Mertesacker and Koscielny combo).

I now feel he’s a solid buy at 50m and personally I’d rather have him than slab head maguire especially with the style of football we now play.

Saliba will have to be good to get a start in this mix but with European football again next season we will need added squad depth and rotation. Holding will make a good depth option at 4th choice and who can also cover right back in an emergency.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/DailyAFC/status/1497053730893615118

:ramsdale:

9 Likes

That dive v Coady though. :rofl:
Man saved us from potentially conceding another one.

5 Likes

Coady was going mental lol.

White knows the dark arts quite well. Love it.

9 Likes

No more Ben Shite ?

He’s earned the seal of approval :beers:

1 Like

Good signing. I guess I’ll take the W’s where I can get them given I called this… :eyes:

1 Like

Coady being a Scouser, you just know his voice pitch ascended to incomprehensible heights after being shithoused haha

3 Likes

14 Likes

Lmao

3 Likes

If that was Xhaka

As I recall, we had just beat City and had the chance to go top with a win in that Southampton match. :facepalm:

1 Like

That was why I never bought in when we beat Leicester. The signs had been shown that we didnt have the balls for it.

1 Like

I fucking bought it. Did a facebook status and everything, saying I felt like this might be the season that ended the many years of hurt. Got utterly rinsed for it.

If anyone’s ever wondered why my general outlook on Arsenal is pessimism, that’s the incident that robbed me of my hope.

9 Likes

I was all in. Was having our wedding that June, fully expected to win the league in May and keep the celebration going until the wedding.

Giroud. :santi: That handsome waste of space. Fucking ruined it.

1 Like

That team we lost to the next weekend was without exaggeration the worst United lineup I’ve ever seen. I remember just being in disbelief when Rashford scored those goals.

6 Likes

There have been so many awful United teams we shit the bed against over the years.

That match with Rashford, the one where they played nine defenders or something like that, the match where McTominay scored, the match earlier this season and fucking Park Ji Sung always playing and playing well despite being a scrub.

3 Likes

Park Ji Sung was absolutely not a scrub lol

1 Like

He was a bench player for them, no?

Teams with Cesc, Nasri, RvP, Eduardo, etc. should have blown those Man U teams away.

1 Like

He was a jammy super sub, similar to Ole iirc.

1 Like