Benjamin White (4)

Get this man a chicken korma! Went from Tiger King to Tiger Emperor tonight.

1 Like

Goldbridge is that you? :henry2:

Some had the nerve to call him Ben Shite. Disgraceful.

Those cunts Neville and Carragher need to give Ben White an apology, those scumbags dug him out after his debut at Brentford. Heā€™s been brilliant since then. And Varane has been rubbish for United.

4 Likes

Deserved man of the match. Without sounding all brexit Iā€™m just glad to have a British defender and goalie combo once again.

1 Like

Hereā€™s Benjamin White when he heard about Liverpoolā€™s impossible false positives.

2 Likes

Rate his tats Phebs? Giroud replacement?

Iā€™m not fussed about tattoos. Only reason I liked Giroudā€™s was because he had my name tattooed across his chest

3 Likes

Was a rock yesterday.

Love this :laughing:

13 Likes

He has completely buried the criticism that he canā€™t play in 2 man center defence

11 Likes

He seemed like quite a timid character when he first joined but heā€™s got a lot of aggression in his game.

Heā€™s becoming a really big player for us. Would like to see him carry the ball more though. Having a really solid midfield in front of him would help with that, he can feel secure that gaps behind are closed off when he pushes forward.

4 Likes

It was criticism from people whoā€™d probably never seen him play and saw he was part of a 3 man back line.

Glad heā€™s buried it as you said

4 Likes

The 3 man defender canā€™t play in a 2 man is such Twitter grade bullshit more often than not. Ironically only time Iā€™ve ever seen someone smash it is Merse on Maguire and the England set up to United.

6 Likes

Ben White showed leadership, concentration, commitment and calm when the team was under pressure. We had several of the team playing like captains last night. Before this season itā€™s been 17 years since we could last say that.

Having seen several rebuilds in my time, this one gives me the same feeling as our 1987/88 and 1996/97 teams. I genuinely think weā€™re going to win the league next season, we need to replace 2 strikers and 1 errant midfielder and weā€™re there.

2 Likes

If you feel it in your gut place a bet on it now. The odds would be pretty spicy Iā€™d have thought.

1 Like

Think weā€™ve got a better chance at the Champions League or Europa League, whichever we qualify to.
Winning the league with Pepā€™s City is almost an impossible task.

The guy is a menace.

Same people who also conveniently ignored that his breakout season with Leeds the year prior was in a 2 man backline. White already had the hype before he returned to Brighton and played in the 3.

4 Likes

I agree with you 100% about Ben White. Amazing performance last night and genuinely impressive. So much talk in the summer about spending Ā£50m on him and overpayingā€¦based on what I have seen this season he looks like a very shrewd investment. Really good partnership developing with Gabriel, and we have the prospect of Saliba returning next season and replacing either Mari or Holding.

In terms of the rebuild, I am optimistic, but next season is too soon for Arsenal to challenge City, Chelsea or Liverpool. However, I think if we have another good Summer window (notwithstanding whatever we do this winter), we can cement our place in the top four next season and I think we can be genuine challengers the season after (2023-24).

Really proud of the job Arteta and Edu have done with the squad so far.

3 Likes