Benjamin White (4)

Doesn’t stop here.

8 Likes

My captain

My money is on him being the one to mock Cancelo. Not a nice thing to do but I’ve watched Cancelo enough at City, Juve and Valencia to think he might have been talking a lot of shit during the game.

1 Like

Fuck Cancelo

2 Likes

What is supposed to have happened?

There was a Tweet (so sketch sourcing obviously) that there was a bit of post match heat between the teams when an Arsenal player asked Cancelo which was the bigger robbery he was involved in that week.

Probably not true, but White seems the type to me.

Played the most minutes for us so far this season. Mikel’s reliance on him says a lot.
Bit time player. Once again, genius from the club to pick him up before he ended up at City or Chelsea.

I could understand peoples annoyance at the fee because even I was astounded to begin with but I couldn’t understand peoples total opposition to him as a player. We’ve had to contend with Mari, Sokratis, Holding, Kolasinac, Chambers and even Kolasinac at CB.

He was a sure fire step up on the rest of them and strengthened our defence. He’s young as well and the kind of style he plays has proven to be important to us being better at beating the press this year too.

You feel with a bit more confidence and a better midfielder ahead of him we might actually start to see him dribble out from the back more too. He’s been much better in aerial duels than I remember too.

All in all I’m happy with this signing. You quickly forget about the price tag when he’s putting in tidy performances and not really making any major mistakes.

I found peoples desire to tear him apart after one game bizarre too lol

14 Likes

I wanted to kill him after he let Brentford mug him off. But now I want him as captain.

The Brentford match was a massive overreaction from the fanbase btw. Media of course didn’t help. White handled himself respectably against Toney, better than most defenders in the PL, including Virgil.

yeah for sure remember that game was defo not the best white game. watched him for leeds and brighton and we are still yet to see him get into full flow.

Been so good tonight. A rock.

5 Likes

Yeah. Man of the match well deserved.

4 Likes

He’s been super reliable over the last couple months.

2 Likes

What a signing this guy was.

Excellent tonight

1 Like

Colossal.

Deserves an OAmoji. Any good ones out there?

1 Like

basic one but a smile

1 Like

8 Likes

How’s the covid now you cunts?

{ insert OAmoji here }

1 Like

Brilliant!