Benjamin White (4)

This really. Build the squad as you see fit but at the end of the day offensive production need to get much better if we’re to compete for top 4, we were basically a mid table/ bottom half team in several attacking categories last season.

I don’t want to hear any excuses about backing or funds either. £50m on a RCB was not a priority

5 Likes

Show me quality midfielders and I will be okay with this signing.
If that doesn’t happen, I will go @BigWeng_4LYFE

7 Likes

Sums it up better than my wall of text did.

1 Like

No way we can separate the price/salary from the player.

If Ozil was like 100k per week, 99% sure he wouldn’t be exiled (if not the political reason), and good enough as our backup/rotation.
Because he was on 300k, the team wanted him gone.

1 Like

His stats don’t impress for us. Not sure this was a good buy

1 Like

Tierney, Gabriel and White is an interesting defence, hopefully we can add a RB sometime in the near future.

1 Like

Serginho Dest at Barcelona should be available for a discount. He can play left and right back. One of the biggest talents in the USA pool.

1 Like

That’s an interesting shout…Barca have Dest and Emerson…you would think with their financial issues, they may be open to letting one of them go!

I was listening to a Barca blogger on a podcast the other day and he mentioned Dest as one of a number of guys that could be sold to balance the books because people like Umtiti, Pjanic and Griezmann aren’t going to generate funds.

incredible data, love the choice of colours too…

Is the reference here: sneakers owned or simply sneakers worn?

9 Likes

Even this didn’t stop me liking the post :joy:

1 Like

Per BBC gossip today: Were Trippier to join United , Atletico Madrid will move for Norwich and England Under-21 full-back Max Aarons, who may cost the Spanish champions about £25m.

Would be a steal

This is going to be such a disappointment. Even if he plays good there will always be the ‘Arsenal have paid 50 million for him therefore he has too be a exceptionally good’ etc. Also a decision made for the wrong reason. This season is going to be another shite season.

3 Likes

I’m in the camp of he’s young, he’s fairly decent, it does improve our defence. Aslong as we sign a midfielder and this isn’t our only major signing then I’m alright with this signing.

It is concerning we could be spending 50 mil on him and 60/70 mil on maddison, both players not good enough for a current top 4 team. Along with pepe, we seem to be spending High fees on players that don’t push the first 11 into elite. For what we are used to as Arsenal fans, our first 11 is expensive. We need to fund a scouting team and trust them again.

Also He won 53% of his tackles 48% of his aerial battles ( Jesus christ) these are also a concern to me.

4 Likes

Saliba had him beat in those areas and more.

It’s a shame Saliba was never here properly because if he was I’m sure he’d beat out the likes of Holding, Mari etc for game time on ability alone.

Saka and ESR became favourites of Arteta because despite being young they became his saviours, Saliba could have been that too and then his place would have been cemented and we wouldn’t be spunking £50mil on this dude. If given a chance I see him having no less of an impact than Fofona did at Leicester.

3 Likes

I’m amazed at how many supporters think this is a great signing.

He might be a slight upgrade on what we have but when we’re struggling to score goals, because of a lack of quality in midfield, and have already spent 30m on Saliba, is this really what we should be spending the bulk of our transfer money on?

If Everton or spurs had signed him for 50m, I doubt anyone would have been the slightest bit bothered but, because he is coming here, some people seem convinced he’s going to take us to the next level.

6 Likes

I think we’re more excited about his passing ability that will significantly improve our transition.

Still lots of improvements to be made though.

1 Like

Bit much? Is White’s ball playing ability any better than what we saw from Luiz?

I’m not even sure defensive to offensive transitions were an issue under Arteta so far

1 Like

Ball playing ability over actual defending.

I mean let’s not worry about attacking midfielders to help transition and make chances, that’s what CB’s are for.

This guy is probably gonna be food in set pieces

4 Likes

Good thing we hired that set piece coach.

The more I think about it, the more I think this means a return to 3ATB. :gabriel: