Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Zion?

What I meant was they had Chris Paul and Anthony Davis too, but they still couldn’t build a contender. So imo with Zion and those future picks it still have to be seen what they will be able to do.

@sevchenko they still have another max slot open. If Pelinka makes the right moves they are arguably the favourites next season because of the injuries of Durant and Thompson.

lol. Pelinka’d

Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out. Signing a 3rd max guy would handcuff us big time in filling out the rest of the roster, so maybe the Lakers had planned on just getting 2 or 3 B type free agents all along.

YES! My Celtics got Tacko Fall.

Not a bad draft for us.

1 Like
1 Like

:fire:

Love drama

He will be passing up a lot of money if he leaves. No doubt in my mind he was planning on teaming up with Kyrie on one of the NY teams but now his injury may have put an end to that. I think he’ll stay.

Brooklyn. Kyrie and KD!

1 Like

And the Lakers just made a trade to free up cap space for another max deal. I’m assuming that means that they’ve got an assurance from someone that they will sign with the Lakers. Either Kawhi or Buttler.

What is the route for success the Lakers? Another big star or cheaper pieces for quality depth?

I’d prefer to see the team load up on shooters

If they add Kawhi to Lebron and AD, they could have me and u in the starting lineup and win the title next season :joy::joy: but seriously the Lakers wouldn’t have made that trade unless they had some type of assurance that they were getting another big free agent max contract guy imo.

I do like the idea of stealing Brogdon from Milwaukee for like $18m, Collison at $8M, Seth Curry at $5m, and Lopez for the room exception at $5m. Then u might be able to get Ariza and or Rudy Gay on vet minimums along with Rondo and Mcgee. We’d have a pretty well balanced squad with that route too.

2 Likes

There is a lot of shit happening. Too much tweets to copy/paste. Two big stories: Brooklyn are confident to sign Irving, Durant and Jordan and Butler has a preference to play for Miami.

1 Like

Massive for Brooklyn if they get Durant, they’ll be a contender the season after next.

Both Durant and Jordan will be 32 at that point. But yeah. They will be favourites to come out of the East that season. Unless Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown are going to develop spectacularly or Simmons gets a 3-point shot.

Or Kawhi stays at Toronto which I doubt.

Kawhi is gone agreed.

Now Woj is reporting it. Durant too the Brooklyn Nets!!! At the end of the day they still come better out of the Boston trade lol.

What’s the appeal of the Nets?

Location or Culture?

The New York market / media place. James and Durant are about their brands, becoming billionairs. Going into (media) ventures. For that is no coincedence James is in LA and Durant in New York.

For Irving it would be ‘going back home’. Think he grew up in the New Jersey area.

1 Like