Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

I love AD but the injury issues are a problem. KD is getting older tho and has had a major leg injury. So that aspect of the trade is a wash. Kyrie is much better than Russ at this point and younger too, but he’s a head case. So yeah it’s probably a good trade but it could still blow up for us. AD is probably the single best player the Nets could get back in a trade. However if im the Lakers I want Lebron, Kyrie, and AD.

2 Likes

IMO they need a guy that could contribute 20-10 regularly.

If not the health concern, KD is better than AD. Standing at 7’ and this dude spent most of his time standing outside and shoots 3, not going inside enough

Yeah KD is better than AD I’d agree, but AD still has about 6 or 7 prime years left, and when he’s healthy and playing well he’s a 28 and 12 guy as the focal point of a team, and also an elite defender. KD is only gonna be in his prime for a few more years.

AD’s injury profile is as thick as KD’s… I think he is over his prime already

1 Like

New Orleans might have the best potential offer. I’m thinking Brandon Ingram+another player and first round picks for days. KD, CJ, Zion :eyes:

Phoenix is KD’s preferred destination but the Nets shouldn’t feel the need to do him a solid.

Kyrie to the Lakers sounds like a lock but Westbrook ending up on the Nets would be hella disappointing. Need a third team to take Westbrick off their hands.

1 Like

Westbrook on the Nets will average a triple double and lead them to the playoffs. Granted a lower seed but he’s not as bad as he was on the Lakers. He needs to be able to play a certain way which he wasnt able to do alongside Lebron.

1 Like

I agree that playing with Lebron and AD limited his abilities.
He could not be “himself” and make ways for others.

The last time Westbrook averaged a triple double was for the Wizard’s. They got knocked out in the play-in. Westbrook and Simmons on the same team…that’s a joke. The Nets don’t need that. They need a significant haul giving them draft capital and mixed with young talented players.

Westbrook should be coming off the bench as his stats are worthless unless you’re playing fantasy basketball.

EDIT: If I was the Nets, I’d wait until KD expands the teams he’s willing to trade to.

The Westbrook thing is salary relief for the nets. You’ve got to remember that the rules in the NBA are you have to trade salary for salary. So you get other assets along with Westbrook, Russ plays for the nets for a year, and then they open up 40m in salary because his contract expires at the end of the season. So u get a first round pick, maybe a good young piece for the future in THT and then the russ salary comes off the books for free agents ect. The nets are going to be in rebuild mode not compete for a 5th or 6th seed mode, they’ll be tanking for picks.

What trade would you do for Kyrie then? Other issue is that the Lakers are desperate so they will give up assets for him. Other teams are looking sideways at Kyrie because of the stunts he’s been pulling the last few years, and probably arent going to mortgage their future on a dood who’s burned the last two franchises he’s played for.

1 Like

Irving is getting around 10m less than Westbrook. The Nets would have to attach another player to see that ‘relief’.

THT is a 6th man at best. All their own picks are going to Houston, no? That leaves then in no position to tank.

I think the Nets are cornered tbh.

Mavericks could have something to offer. I’d trade for Kyrie with the knowledge that he’ll be gone in 12 months.

Great move for the TWolves, wonder what will happen to Mitchell now.

Doesn’t move the needle imo. Gobert will help them with interior defences, but I still see them getting torched versus the best. No great perimeter defender and they’ll be relying on D’Angelo Russell still…play in/first round exit.

EDIT: lol

bad trade for the wovles

2 Likes

KAT will be playing the 4 and given his shooting and floor spacing it can work.

Gobert is overpaid though and that’s a lot to give up.

I really wish my Blazers would either blow it up or get dame some proper hell. Sick of being stuck in no mans land.

Nobody is gonna trade that for Kyrie his market is bare because hes a bit crazy. As I said only team that will be willing to give up draft picks and a young player like THT is the Lakers, especially if they know Kyrie is coming on a short term deal and then right back into free agency. Kyrie wants the Lakers they will accomodate him in the end. We’ll see how it plays out.

1 Like

KD to The Suns just became a little more difficult

They need to match and do a sign and trade with Ayton.

The Suns can’t extend Ayton and trade him to BKN anyway, teams can only have 1 player on a max rookie extension acquired via trade and BKN already have Simmons. The deal could happen but BKN would need to move Simmons as well or a third team would have to get involved and take on either Ayton or Simmons.

Plus, the Suns need Ayton to be on a bigger deal so that they can utilise his salary for trades.

1 Like