Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Mate…you will have Brown, Tatum, Giannis at 2, 3 and 4. What else could you want? I’m sure Boston will find a good point guard to add to that. Walker is very good, but not great. Anything that speaks for Smart (his defence) you don’t need with Giannis.

2 Likes

Is that actually happening?

Just a scenario, in case Celtics go all out for Giannis. But looks like the best one, imo.

That would be a terrible haul for Giannis if ur the Bucks. Would they give him up for that really? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

No way would Pat Riley let go of Herro too.

Depends if they could keep him now. Giannis’ agent said that he could stay with Bucks in 2021 Free Agency. Also, he really seems loyal, and that could happen. Anyway, if something might change, the best destinations for Giannis would be Celtics, Heat or GSW imo.

1 Like

If they can solve the insufficient back court, it will be great.
Giannis-tatum-brown front court can rule for years

It rarely ever works out when u trade a top 3 - 5 guy u ALWAYS lose. We’ve seen it with AD and the Pelicans in recent times. If I’m Milwaukee I do all I can to strengthen the team and hope he stays. If all else fails next year you do the KD deal where he signs the max contract with you because it will net him more money due to Bird rights and then u get the best haul u can.

1 Like

It also depends on the player.
Small market team, rarely win the championship.
Does Giannis want to be the MVP without a ring??

Player and personality. Giannis is a very loyal guy by the looks of it. He wouldn’t leave them high and dry I dont think. If Milwaukee makes the right moves they will make the finals next season.

If they couldn’t do this year, in the bubble, with an MVP year form Giannis, I’m not sure what they can add to make the finals.

I think the Nets will implode but they’ll be a factor next season

1 Like

Don’t think so, pal

Not a bad point. Bucks told him the same thing. But personally I feel like they got a great team overall this year and still haven’t reached the finals. And with all respect to Middleton, he couldn’t be called the 2nd best player in the Bucks team. He’s just not good enough. But as I said above, the only reason Giannis would stay with them it’s his loyalty.

1 Like

I’m not saying the Bucks will make the Finals next season but the bubble disadvantaged them IMO. They had great momentum pre suspension play brilliant in front of their Wisconsin crowd and would have had HCA all through the playoffs.

Stan van Gundy is going to be the next head coach for New Orleans…he’s been out of coaching for two years now.

I want Jeff more than Stan.

Some talk that the NBA will try for a start around Christmas which would be ambitious, with a 72 game season then an in play between 7-10 for the final playoff spots.

Daryl Morey is in advanced talks to join the Sixers. Their roster is going to make a lot more sense in the future that is one thing that is sure. But for his reputation of being a big risk taker I wonder if he’s prepared to trade either Simmons or Embiid. Don’t see the fit just yet.

The East is going to be very good too with this move. Toronto, Miami, Philadelphia, Boston, Brooklyn and Milwaukee all very good to great teams.

Not sure if Morey is really a good fit or good GM.
The way he assembled the Rockets and team up Westbrook with Harden, I have zero confidence in him (unless D’antoni intervene the trade(s) and insisted on small ball).
A questionable GM, a so-and-so coach in Doc… not really bright for 76ers.

Good to see the East get stronger but it’s still a fair way behind the West in terms of depth, the worst 6 or so teams in the league probably from the East.