Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Why is Bronny in trouble lol been seeing this everywhere.

The East was (still is) weak and less competitive, you know that right?

This always annoys me bit. Like Ronaldo wasnā€™t great for +/- 10 years. PSV, Barcelona and Inter just didnā€™t win anything. Ronaldo was Eredivisie topscorer in 94/95 and won Pichichi in 03/04ā€¦

Still fucking hypeeeeeddddd

:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

17 tied with the Celtics once again and ready to pass them next season. We can actually improve the team in free agency this year. I think weā€™ve got a great shot at back to back titles, Vegas has us as favorites.

Your off season moves?

You could say the same for MJ as he was the league MVP in 88 and in 98, but both R9ā€™s and MJā€™s spells at the top was interrupted. R9 got injured and MJ retired twice. Also itā€™s more longevity comparatively speaking.

In terms of actual seasons, R9 has between 6-10 years of great seasons (I think Iā€™m being generous tbh), while CR7 is on 14 years and some would say weā€™re still counting. MJ had 11/12 years while Lebron is on 15-17 years and counting.

Massive chance but I think you might need a more reliable 3rd scorer and 3 point shooter to win back to back titles. Super effort from the Lakers this season but I still feel the clippers have the most talent, Denver will be a year older, also the warriors with Steph, Klay and Green are also an obstacle next season.

As for LeBron I see lots of similarities with Cristiano in their respective sports, I also think both will play at a relatively high level until theyā€™re 40 given the way they prepare themselves and insane durability.

2 Likes

NO WAY!!!

The China fiasco last year did it for Morey.

If it was the China thing he woulda stepped down a long time ago, I think it was more that he signed Chris Paul to an insane contract when he was passed his best and then traded him for another passed it player in Russ. The guy couldnā€™t get his team over the hump. I mean it was a last gasp effort to trade all the centers on the team and then get embarrassed by AD in the playoffs lol.

2 Likes

Donā€™t think itā€™s the China thing. He just made the wrong decisions by trading for Westbrook and Covington in my opinion (whilst giving up Capela, Covington himself wasnā€™t a bad get). Basically killed their chances by that trade.

1 Like

@BigWeng_4LYFE @SDGooner

fair. Houstonā€™s playoff failures is one, if not the main reason why Moreyā€™s gone, but I think the China fiasco has meant his name has been marked. Heā€™s been on borrowed time since then that day imo.

China only started showing NBA games just a few weeks ago. I donā€™t think that is coincidental.

As is pretty much every other team in the league lol.

Giannis is a beast. Any team getting him would have a massive addition.

Giannis is coming to the Lakers we will have max space in 2021 :grin::grin: the Bucks would be smart to trade him tho if he isnā€™t gonna sign an extension with them.

Giannis to GSW

:lock: it in

It was an easy and early predictionā€¦ Harden could not co-exist with Westbrook.
Both are ball handlers and ball hoggers. They need to possess the ball in a long period of time to shine (personally).
Putting them together means one would be sacrificed.
1+1 does not equal to 2 always.
Chris Paul could be a spot up shooter (he has fast release), and Westbrook is not.

1 Like

Depends what they get in a trade imo. Small market franchises like the bucks might not get another player as talented as Giannis for another 50 years, if it was Portland Iā€™d probably just want to run the gauntlet unless the trade offer was very handy.

1 Like

Milwaukee only have themselves to blame if they lose Giannis, they let Brogdon go because they were cheap and didnā€™t wanna go over the luxury tax threshold. I think they easily come out of the east if theyā€™d had Middleton and Brogdon as the 2nd and 3rd options behind Giannis.

1 Like