Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Yeah it shall be interesting, all the recent NBA Champions have had huge amounts of 3 point shooting so we shall see.

I only have clippers as my slight favourites, either way I think one of the LA teams will be winning the title.

The Lakers signed a bunch of good 3 point shooters. Daniels, Cook, Green, Carusso, all those guys are close to 40% career 3 point shooters. Then youā€™ve got Bradley, and Kuzma who are at around 35% for their careers. The shots havenā€™t been falling early for the Lakers (bottome 5 team in 3 point shooting) but I donā€™t see a reason that wonā€™t improve, and if it does improve the team will be damn close to unstoppable.

Vogel is a very good defensive coach. If they have that on point James and Davis can generate enough offense to win it all imo. Not to forget that with Rondo they still have another very good playmaker coming back. I think offensively they will be fine.

Yeah Vogel is one of the best defensive coaches in the business no doubting that. I do hope we get a Clippers vs Lakers WCF as itā€™ll be one hell of a series.

The Blazers could well be lottery bound, we look absolutely terrible this season Lillard aside. When was the last time two teams who played in the WCF both missed playoffs the following year @BigWeng_4LYFE?

No clue itā€™s a great question. Probably the Lakers the year after they traded Shaq.

1 Like

Yeah good call probably Lakers and Minnesota in the 2004-2005 season after they played off in the WCF in 2004.

1 Like

I reckon LeBron will play until heā€™s 40, looks refreshed after an extended break.

1 Like

Melo back in the NBA, non guaranteed contract at the Blazers, heā€™s finished but I donā€™t mind if Tolliver or Hezonjaā€™s minutes go to Hoodie.

2 Likes

looking forward to Blazers vs Knicks at the MSG.

1 Like
2 Likes

That is absolutely brilliant. (The arrested development one) :joy::joy::joy::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

Lebronā€™s on a mission this season, I think some load management is needed here for him and AD, Iā€™m not a fan of it, but they both played 30+ min since the start of the RS, they have an arguably easy set of fixtures coming, time to reduce playing time for those two.

1 Like

I want Harden to win the title this season.

Feel like heā€™s kinda the Xavi of basketball, the genius who figured it all out without having exactly ideal physical qualities.

I donā€™t get this about Harden. He might not be LeBron James physically, but with an height of 1.96 metre he is still taller than the average guard and does at least have one physical advantage in comparison with his peers.

AC probably just likes him because he flops so much :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yeah I mean itā€™s not a perfect comparison lol, in basketball if you donā€™t have certain physical qualities you donā€™t have a chance, but letā€™s just say heā€™s the least athletic top player you can remember.

I give Harden the physical edge over Nowitzki or Jokic tbh :smile:. But I do get your overall point.

Looking at the recap of LAC vs OKC made me feel sorry for Giannis. He is basically dominating this League but because he doesnā€™t have another HoFā€™er/All-NBA/All-Star player next to him, chances of Milwaukee winning the title are slim in the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Yeah Khris Middleton is a quality player, but heā€™s nowhere near the level of lots of other duos in the NBA.

Did you mean recap of OKC vs LAC or Milwaukee vs Chicago ?

OKC vs LAC. Leonard is not available and George is scoring 70 points in two games with a game winner last night.

1 Like