Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Only one win away for Toronto to get a championship, and Kawhi to get another Finals MVP.

Just shows whatever differences Kawhi had with San Antonio should have been sorted, even if that meant Pop going.

I wouldn’t say this is comparable. Whilst I agree Golden State has more talent, the difference is not as big as Lakers/Pistons. Toronto are incredibly deep. And Kawhi is a top five if not top three player in this League.

Without having a big time star is about the only difference. Billups had a good 4 or 5 year period where he was a top player in the league tho. Actually if we are comparing apples to apples this is actually a lot more like the Pistons Lakers in 89. Isaiah Thomas lead the Pistons past an injury depleted Laker team. No Magic and no Byron Scott, and the Pistons took them apart.

Kevin Durant to return the Warriors lineup tonight in Toronto.

And KD goes down. He pushed his body and his body said no. If that’s his last game for the Warriors, then I guess he went down like one. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Warriors has no choice but to give it a go. Shooting the lights out 11/21 from 3 to lead by 6 at the half. I can’t see them winning another two games after tonight without KD though, even if they win tonight.

KD’s 11 wasn’t in vain. We’re alive. We’re barely breathing but we fight on!

Massive heart shown by the Warriors to win that, looked over when Raptors got up 6 with 3 mins to go, no idea why they called a timeout. Still on the Raptors to win the series though as I’m not sure GSW will shoot 20/42 from 3 in Toronto again.

KD did his Achilles. Bob Myers completely choked up.

Damn

Feel so sorry for Durant, put his body on the line when clearly not right and suffers an injury like that.

3 Likes

Indeed. The medical team for Golden State will come under the microcope. How bad was his initial calf injury? Was his Achilles also damage too? Why was he given the medical all clear?

Luckily for KD, although it’s a serious injury and it may well have repercussions for the rest of his career as it did with Kobe, he will be given the max by the Warriors for how many years he wants it for (if he wants to stay). He will get his money and so he doesn’t necessarily need to ‘worry’ about his future financially like how Isiah Thomas or Boogie had too.

A few stereotypes have died tonight but the one that doubted KD’s toughness is completely buried.

2 Likes

Reading up on it, the achilles is linked to the calf muscle. If you are having calf problems and you push it too much, the achilles is the first thing to suffer apparently.

I was wrong in thinking KD was milking it, he is definitely committed, however the situation is worse than I had imagined. Today a report surfaced that ppl within the Warriors organization had been questioning why KD was taking so long. Well we found out tonight it was no small injury keeping him out. I don’t believe Bob Myers crocodile tears for one second. He was in charge and I’ve got no doubt in my mind he pushed for KD to play despite not being ready to return. This is the exact reason Kawhi left the Spurs if you recall. The team doctors were urging him to return but his own personal doctors wanted him to recover more. Trust was lost and Kawhi was done with that franchise. I won’t be surprised if KD leaves.

This definitely beckons another question tho. We, the Lakers, were dumb enough to give Kobe a max deal after his achilles injury, and it was one of the worst moves we made as a franchise. Sure it was nice and morally the right thing to do, after he’d practically killed himself on the court for us, but it wasn’t a smart business move, it set us back for years and Kobe was a shell of his former self after he got back on the court. Wonder what type of offers KD will get in free agency and if he’ll be the same when he returns.

This says it all imo…

3 Likes

Amazing from Jalen Rose.

The whole Bob Myers thing sickens me tbh. The dood doesn’t give a shit about KD that was the worst acting job I’ve seen with him and his fake tears. I have nothing against the GSW but I’ve heard other ppl say that teams like them and San Antonio lose a lot of respect with players when they push these guys to play when they are injured. Of course Kobe did his achilles while a Laker and we paid him anyways, which conversely was supposed to give our franchise a lot of clout with the players. We got Lebron but we’ll see if the tides turn on GSW after this debacle.

There is gonna be a ton of fallout from this in free agency as well. I’d love to see Klay jump ship because if he decided to do so, he’s a nailed on Laker. All the rumors were KD and Kyrie teaming up on Brooklyn or New York, that is probably done now cause KD won’t be back for at least a year.

1 Like

Actually fully agree with Jalen Rose tbh.

1 Like

Terrible finals tbh, has zero juice

At least there is some excitement. A fully fit Golden State wins this in five.

Yeah maybe. Just like we would have beat the pistons in 89 if Magic had played more than 75 minutes the entire series, and Byron Scott hadn’t missed out completely. But that’s kinda what you have to deal with as a team that plays deep into the playoffs every year. This GSW team has been to the finals for the past 5 seasons, that’s an extra 100 + games on top of playing 82 every season.

Tbh tho the Raptors up until now have just looked so much hungrier. GSW hit 20 three’s (a record for an away finals team), outscored Toronto from the 3 point line by 36, and the Raptors missed a ton of free throws, but only lost by 1 point. Raptors end this in 6 imo.

Warriors are a 3 and D guy away from another ring…shout out to Harrison Barnes :stuck_out_tongue:

Terrible finals? :frowning:

What’s your team by the way?