Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Bucks collapsed. Gianni’s free throws became a joke by the end and the Raptors were happy to send him to the line knowing he was probably going to go 1 for 2 at best.

Kawhi was so good but looked on the brink of collapse at times. Raptors can thank VanVleet for their finals spot. They’ll need his bench production if they’re going to have a shot versus the Warriors.

Kawhi and Pop had GSW on the ropes a couple years back, but then he did his knee. Kawhi is just that damn good. The man took over guarding Yannis, shut him down, and was still dropping 35 every night, that’s prime Kobe stuff right there.

Toronto should be out of sight. This game hasn’t felt close but it’s a 5 point deficit at the half. Klay and Steph are the only ones keeping this game from being a double digit lead for the Raptors.
Toronto just have so much length. No Warriors bucket is coming for free.

Golden State need KD.

Aaannnndddd, the warriors are up 9 :joy::joy:

Yeah…I’m not sure what I’m watching tbh lmao.

You can’t just go on long scoring droughts against the Warriors and expect to get away with it.

1 Like

Klay injured. Looney injured. Steph under the weather. Iguodala 3 point shot to win it after Golden State went scoreless for god knows how long.

Game stolen!

The Warriors are the most vulnerable I’ve ever seen them, because they seem fatigued, and clearly injured. Playing into June 4 years in a row takes it’s toll, now they might have lost Klay too. However I still don’t think there’s a team out there good enough to beat them in a 7 game series.

Iguodala’s 3pt shot in clutch time: “30 percent of the time, it works every time.”

giphy%20(8)

1 Like

No KD or Klay to much to cover for the Warriors in game 3, despite 47 from Steph the Raps had six players in double figures to take a 2-1 series lead.

1 Like

I’d love for Toronto to win this one, Danny Green has got to keep those threes coming, and Ibaka too with the block party, Kawhi ,Siakam, Gasol and Lowry(credit to him) have been consistent throughout this series…

As Curry said in his post-match conf ,GSW lost 50 pts between KD and Klay due to injuries, and he’s been the only one cooking in Game 3, it’d get more complicated for the Raptors once they’re back, so I’m hoping that would be as late in the series as possible.

It’s been reported that Durant will not play in Game 4. GSW is probably going to take, they are nog losing two games on a row on their home court, but there are actual chances for Toronto to win it all…if Durant continues to struggle.

This entire country is bouncing right now! They’re actually gonna do this :auba:

Yes Toronto!

This reminds me a lot of the Lakers Pistons finals back in 2004. The Lakers had the superior talented team but it was just the end of their run. Shaq was putting in minimal effort, Karl Malone got injured, our team was getting old, and the Pistons just came in and beat us down cuz they wanted it more.

To me it seems like KD is milking his injury, Klay has played a lot of ball over the past 5 years and is beat up, Steph is the same probably worse, and the team has been strained at the seams for the past two years now. It’s hard to win 3 in a row no matter how good you are. The 80s Lakers and Celtics never did it, only the Bulls in the 90s and Lakers in the 00’s in the modern game.

1 Like

I swear this is true

Kudos to the Raptors GM for pulling a trade on a likely one year rental that looks like paying the ultimate dividend.

Toronto were imperious in the second half but Golden State really threw this game away. Toronto were missing countless shots with on Kawhi sinking anything in the first half and the Warriors didn’t capitalise.

Cousins is so bad these days. At his best he might offer the Warriors something but at his worst he’s taking the ball away from Steph and Draymond and he’s at his worst.

Finals now depends on KD’s injured calf but this is Kawhi’s and Raptors finals to lose.

EDIT: Shout out to Klay Thompson. :raised_hands:

Remember Draymond’s comments earlier in the regular season “we won without you, leave”

KD is definitely sensitive enough to do this. KD will sign with GSW and Draymond will leave