Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

When you have a 7 foot PF/C on your team but all he did was shooting 3s… WTF???
Just like having a Sam Perkins.

I agree they’re currently a mess and would be in a lot more healthier / flexible position moving forward, but truth be told if they didn’t trade for AD they’d still likely have 1 less championship than they do.

Championships aren’t easy to win also.

Tbh their decisions were pretty good up until the Westbrook trade.

ADs main issue is health rather than fit with Lebron, hes actually probably Lebrons best co-star in terms of how they fit together.

The Westbrook move was just horrendous though especially considering they didnt need another ball handler or another non-shooter and they gave up KCP.

2 Likes

I’d say his mentality and approach to the game is a huge issue too, he lacks the same passion and dedication compared to other bigs and it shows. He’s only recently accepted his role at the 5 after vogel tried and got sacked for his efforts

He’s def not going to be a leader of the franchise post Bron

@Aussiegooner it a valid question to ask how many Laker fans would still take the bubble ring knowing they weren’t going to be close to relevant or competitive in the years after

I’m interested to hear @BigWeng_4LYFE’s thoughts

1 Like

Which other big should they have gotten? Cant really think of someone at that time who was gettable and also moves the needle enough.

That’s a valid Q but I think they had tunnel vison on AD because of the Bron x Klutch sports connection.

I think it’s just a reality of the current NBA you don’t need to expend huge amounts of cap or picks into bigs these days.

We all agree it a poorly constructed roster but do we think Bron had no involvement in it?

It’s a good question, I do think labelling it a bubble ring like it was a gimmick is harsh though, from memory the Lakers were something like 50-15 before shutdowns hit and were arguably the best team in the league at that point.

Although it’s a valid question for Lakers fans who are used to being extremely successful, maybe I’m just thinking from a Trail Blazers perspective where I’d be happy to see 1 championship in my lifetime :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Dame blowing up in Los Angeles, you love yo see it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

The disrespek

A 7 foot fucker that only stands outside the 3 point line to shoot 3 and never hustle for looseball or rebound… never a leader by any means.

1 Like

BLOW. IT . UP

Everybody should be on the block (Including Bron, yeah I said it!)

2 Likes

Don’t the Pelicans own the Lakers pick and isn’t it unprotected ?

1 Like

Yeah lol

Just BAD all round

3 Likes

Cavs looking really solid, without an injured Garland, keeping an eye on them.

2 Likes

Still worried about the 3 position for Cavs, think their lineups will get cooked against good teams. Should try package some picks and maybe levert for a decent option at the 3, if that’s possible.

1 Like

The warriors inconsistent start to the season continues.

The Nets on the brink of slumping to 1-5.

Thoughts on the Kyrie and Joe Tsai thing?

The Warriors defense has gone to shit. The loss of Mike Brown as well as a decline in defensive personnel (GP2 going to Portland and the return of James Wiseman) has killed this team on that end.

First win of the season for the Lakers.