Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

The Celtics have destroyed Philly by 48 points tonight.

1 Like

They found their confidence and chemistry back, and now a force in the East.
Supposed their weakest position but now they fill up this hole by adding Theis (back).
An uprising Williams, experienced Horford and madman Theisā€¦ now their team is more completed.

1 Like

Letā€™s take a time machine back to the season opener at MSGā€¦BING BONG

2 Likes

The Knicks over-performed last season imo. If you look at the teams above them, I actually donā€™t think they are too far off where they should be. Excluding probably the Wizards they donā€™t really have more talent than the other east teams in the top 10.

1 Like

This will do

AD injury didnā€™t look great just before.

Also the Blazers made tanking moves trade wise with CJ and Powell and have since gone on a 4 game win streak.

1 Like

DeRozan MVP? Who has a higher chance do you guys think, I guess Embiid?

What heā€™s doing right now is incredible

1 Like

I think Embiid, Jokic and Giannis will all come above him.

DeRozan has been brilliant though and Iā€™m predicting 4th.

2 Likes

MVP is very much about the teams position and the narrative so heā€™d need that second part to be a genuine chance.

Canā€™t see Demar getting it unless Bulls finish top of the East (good chance) and the narrative swiftly and heavily changes in favour of him (less of a chance).

As others have said, Giannis, Jokic and Embiid currently more of a chance and I think potentially a guy like CP3 may be in with a shout due to his teamā€™s position and likely #1 seed.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s all fair yeah

As @Bavin said, Paul will also be ahead of him

1 Like

I think Ja Morant will be another in that top 5 or 6.

Great game between the Bucks and Philly just then, awesome to see Giannis and Embiid going at it.

2 Likes

Apart from his issues with Kyrie, Harden apparently didnā€™t like that plays were drawn out for KD, I wonder how it will work out in Philly since itā€™s Embiidā€™s team.

Split there minutes. Harden can do his Houston iso/foul-baiting plays early in the 2nd/4th quarter while Embiid is resting. By the time Embiid is ready to come back in, the other team will be in foul trouble.

The stop and start nature to the game will give James plenty of recovery time too.

Work up in the middle of the night and wow. Steph is 13 for 18 from three in the Allstar game :joy:

Sadly he missed his last 4 or 5 that would have broken the all star game points record.

That would have been great. The perfect way to cap off his night. Alas.

I just had a look at how AD got his record 52 and it was basically him feasting on alley oop dunks and lay-ups.

LeBron doesnā€™t sound stoked with the Lakers front office at the moment @BigWeng_4LYFE

1 Like

He not happy with himself? Damn

4 Likes

Donā€™t fuck with Richard Jefferson

1 Like