Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

None of those Lakers players will ever be as good as Ben Simmons.

But Wiseman and Poole are young enough to improve. We don’t know the ceiling of Wiseman, but he can definitely get 20ppg and has a higher potential ceiling than Trez.

Secondly, if Warriors offer pick 7 and 14 too, Portland can now lean into a rebuild, unlike with your Lakers offer. With the Lakers offer, they wouldn’t be good enough for the playoffs, but not bad enough to tank. Sacramento Kings 2.0

I added Wiggins because of salary.

1 Like

A lot of it depends on what Portland wants to do. As I said earlier it’s very easy to get say the Bulls involved (who want to sign Schroeder anyways) and send Lavine to Portland along with Kuz and THT (who is far more coveted by GMs around the league than any of the GSW guys plus cost controlled cuz he was a 2nd round pick) and some picks. And send Trez and Schroeder and a pick to Chicago. Lots of options. Lakers have some picks they can use too btw.

Could say the exact thing about sending Simmons there. It’s proven the guy is not a #1 and there’s serious questions as to whether he’s even a #2. So you’ll have Simmons, Nurk, and CJ. That’s a recipe for a 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th place finish if I’ve ever seen it.

For Zach LaVine? I’ve no idea why Chicago would do such a deal. If they were forced to shop LaVine, they could get a much better package elsewhere. Certainly more than Trez, Schroeder and picks.

What the Lakers offers could offer doesn’t feel strong enough. Saying that, I don’t think the Warriors would make the offer I suggested.

A Simmons trade would be Portland trying to stay relevant. Simmons, Maxey, and picks probably wouldn’t be enough tbh.

1 Like

Right which like you’ve already said will put them in purgatory. Which some teams are fine doing to appease the fans and make it seem like they are trying to compete while attempting a rebuild. Schroeder is young, Kuz is young and THT is young. Plus picks. They could do far worse. Like I said that package is better than what the Nets gave up for Harden. Anyways the only way Dame goes to LA is if he says that’s where he wants to go. Portland would never trade him willingly to us.

I’m a Portland fan and I’d rather a deal involving a young wiseman over that Lakers offer…

If Dame goes we’re fucked short term anyways, so I’d take the deal which has the most young talent. Players like Trez, Kuz and Dennis don’t interest me @BigWeng_4LYFE

2 Likes

False alarm

EDIT: Dame certainly putting pressure on Portland to do something.

THT has a higher ceiling than any of those doods. Just look at why the Lowry deal fell through and that’s because the smartest GM in the league (Masai Ujiri) wanted THT included in the deal and the Lakers said fuck no. Wiseman isn’t gonna be a Giannis type, at best someone like Boogie Cousins. Also Kuzma is a 20 ppg scorer if you let him play his game.

Kuzma is a very inefficient scorer who I don’t believe will be much better than he already is. Yeah he would score 20 points a game on a poor team taking 20 shots a night, but he simply doesn’t interest me.

Just like Wiggans tbh. But the nice thing about Kuzma is he’s a stretch 4, Wiseman isn’t a shooter he’s a slightly better offensive version of Javale Mcgee @Aussiegooner

Agree with that, I don’t like Wiggins much either.

Dennis loves himself, thinks he’s worth 25 mill a year despite 15 guards in the league being better than him.

Trez well their is a reason he gets used sparingly in the playoffs, undersized liability defensively.

They aren’t all stars but like I said, who exactly do u think u are gonna get that is gonna improve the team more?

We’ll suck anyways if Dame goes, so I’d look for a deal that offers players with the most upside.

Whatever happens if Indeed does request a trade we’ll be getting the short straw, that’s just the sad reality when you lose a top 10ish player in the league. I just think out of the deals you and @Flexo threw up Wiseman us the player with the highest ceiling.

Now I’m still hoping he doesn’t officially request a trade. If it’s true the biggest regret will be never giving him a chance in Portland with a better no 2 option than CJ :sob:

How about Ben Simmons?

Yeah I’d take him over the Warriors or Lakers deals thrown up in here, Simmons is still young enough.

The Boomers have come 4th last Olympics and World Champs, we look good defensively and even without Simmons again I’ll be annoyed if we don’t finally land a medal.

Even then it’s not a great trade for a dood shooting 35% from the ft line. If anything the Lakers can get another team involved that’s how these things usually work out. The Nets only had to give up Lavert (who is decent he was averaging 20 ppg) Kurucs, Allen, and Prince, and they got Harden. That’s a bunch of shit for a top 10 player.

1 Like

Then the Rockets made it worse by giving Lavert to the pacers for Dipo who is basically cooked lol.

Yeah but point I’m making is that the best player in that trade was Lavert who is probably about equal to what Kuzma is. Don’t forget Kuz was a 19 ppg player when he was the 2nd/3rd option, he’s looked less than that because he bought into the team philosophy to be a role player to win a championship.

I rate LaVert substantially higher than Kuzma, but I do agree with your sentiment.