Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Great contest. Disappointed that the Warriors lost, but it showed me that they are one big piece away from another Championship challenge. I need Kawhi Leonard to join this team.

Vegas and Seattle are no brainers, they’re both great markets. I loved the sonics brand

Would love to see Lebron become an owner

It was truly like a game 7, game was crazy.

1 Like

You do get Klay back next season, does remain to be seen if he’s the same player after 2 years out with 2 bad injuries though.

This Kwame Brown shit is hilarious :ozil:

3 Likes

what else have I missed?

3 Likes

I’m with Kwame on this.

But he was bad it sounds like, so it is fair he get mugged off for that by the media. For his basketball performance.

However, randomly bringing it up again from Barnes and Jackson was a bit like beating a dead horse, and it was very fair for Kwame to drag them like he’s doing, too :arteta:

Basically, I appreciate everyone.

3 Likes

These players who came out of high school need time and the right coaching to develop. It every thing that he said about that situation he wasn’t given any.

This is the one major fault in the draft system imo. If you get drafted in the wrong situation it can kill your career.

1 Like

He averaged 6 points a game I think, and the guy talking shit about him (Barnes) averaged 8 :joy::joy: Kwame wasn’t a bad player, 12 years in the NBA will tell you that. He could play, BUT he was the first pick in the draft. He shouldn’t have been, but I guess he explained why in that little statement. That’s why he gets so much shit because he wasn’t a great player for being the first pick in the draft. He was physically a beast but he had small hands hands and it would effect him dunking and catching the ball ect. A lot of teams tried to develop him but he just wasn’t that good for NBA standards in the end.

1 Like

Yeah, those are completely fair points.

Basically my thing is that Basketball isn’t everything in life. As Kwame says, so what if he wasn’t the best at basketball, he has still achieved a lot and is happy, which is what’s important.

@SDGooner very true, that situation was a real mess.

I think Stephen A is entitled to call him rubbish and a bum, but Kwame is also entitled to call out Stephen A for fights and mug off his hairline :arteta:

1 Like

Fucking Sky. Playoffs start and Sixers get the early tip-off, so a decent time in the UK and these fuckers aren’t televising it. This has been all season. And I swear they are shown far less than other teams. Top of the fucking East man. I know it ain’t the West, but still.

Warriors lose to the Grizzlies and deservedly so. The Grizz looked to restrict Curry offensively and they found some success with the man on man courage from Brooks.

In the 4th when Brooks picked up his 5th foul, they doubled and forced the ball out of Curry’s hands. That meant the ball ended up in Draymond’s hands.

Draymond is still an excellent defender and leader, but his decline when it comes to offering a scoring threat was exposed. The final play of regulation time where he’s 10ft away from the basket and is unable to finish encapsulates those struggles. His off-season practice better consist of him getting better from that sort of distance.

Sorry for turning this into OnlineWarriors for a minute. :grin:

4 Likes

Giannis at the FT line :unamused:

1 Like

These are terrible heat jerseys they look like the Indiana Pacers.

3 Likes

Had the same thought. But it’s been a good game. OT!

2 Likes

Had the same thought hahaha. Butler coming through clutch.

2 Likes

Not sure how Miami are still in this. They’ve been missing open shots all over the place. Then the travel missed at the end that saw Yannis go to the line and a Miami player was wrapped up of the ball that went unseen. And more in OT, that wasn’t a flagrant.

The one thing I’ll never get used too, hadn’t watch a game live this season yet, is the amount of commercials on American television. It gets super annoying.

@k1tsun3 if Butler was a little more efficient they had won the game imo.

1 Like

Middleton needs to get on this level more consistently in the play offs. Teams now have the blueprint to defend Giannis from the Toronto/Miami series.

1 Like

@SDGooner the number of adverts is crazy. There are even media timeouts. It’s maddening. Coming from the States, one of my favourite things about football was entire half with no commercials. However, of you ever watch a match on US TV, you’ll get pop-up adverts during the match instead.