Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Denver done some very good business in my opinion. Really needed that athletic ability McGee and Gordon bring.

Clippers traded for Rondo… Cost them Lou Williams and a couple of 2nd rounders. If you think Denver is in good position now.

Lol fucking hell, ring chasing LMA and BG.

3 Likes

Can you really blame them though?

Nah not really as they’ve both had good careers racking up multiple all star selections individually etc, it’s just a shame that this is what the NBA has become that’s all.

2 Likes

These days there is just so much talent going around. I think people underestimate that. You didn’t have this much talent, and thus top talent joining other talent, in the 90s because it simply wasn’t there. In fact that Bulls team literally said how diluted the League was because of expansion.

Wonder if the NBA Step in like they did with CP3 and the Lakers.

Imagine if the Nets don’t win the title this year…

Honest Q: Is the Nets super team good or bad for the league?

The NBA has always been like 3 or 4 legit teams can win the chip every season, very rarely does someone come out and shock you because there’s only 5 doods on the court so if you have a couple of the best players ur usually the champion. So the Nets Lakers would be a home run as far as ratings for the NBA. A lot of casuals will tune in for that. The hard-core fans won’t like it tho.

2 Likes

I was going to make a post on James Wiseman the other day. Dude is 7ft2 with bounce and barely gets 6 rebounds. Lacks a touch around the rim and seems to settle for jumpers on horrible post-up. I relented and didn’t make that post.

I know rebounds aren’t the cleanest way to analyse a centres presence, as teams rebound in different ways. Also, first year centre…gotta be patient.

…but then I saw the numbers the undrafted Moses Brown is getting at OKC. 7ft2 like Wiseman, yet put up a 20 points and 20 rebounds versus Boston (they have an undersized centre). Am I wrong for expecting that from Wiseman?

Any thoughts on James Wiseman‘s struggles?

As long as the league remains competitive, super teams don’t bother me. If the Nets go 16-1 we may need to revisit this conversation.

1 Like

The NBA can’t step in like that. At the time they were the actual owners of the New Orleans Hornets.

1 Like

It wasn’t right tho because then they traded him to to Clippers for an even worse deal. Donald Stern was a fucking cunt…Gazidis level cunt.

1 Like

In hindsight it was the wrong move. Just imagine the Lakers-Heat rivalry we could have gotten. That would have benefitted the League greatly, at least from a financial perspective.

1 Like

Would have been massive, we needed that LeBron Kobe finals. Yes in hindsight of course but even at the time it was like, Odom and Pau for Chris Paul, to Al-Farouq Aminu and Eric Gordon lol seriously Sterling fucked both us and New Orleans because he was a cunt. He shouldn’t have intervened because he had conflicting interests. The other owners were crying to him that we made that trade and he kowtowed to them.

1 Like

Andre Drummond is set to sign with the Lakers. @BigWeng_4LYFE excited?

2 Likes

Yeah its a good pick up. He will help down low cuz we’ve been weak up front this year after losing Dwight and Javale. My main concern is Bron and AD’s health. Blake Griffin and LA don’t move the needle for me in Brooklyn tho those doods are washed I dunno why everyone is acting like those are important pick ups. Come playoff time they will hardly factor.

2 Likes

Also an important note is that Dwight and Javale shot 15% and 10% higher last year with LeBron than they are shooting this year. LeBron gets bigs so many easy buckets at the rim that Drummond is going to eat like he never has in his career.

For the same reason why Drummond is a rated addition for the Lakers, but not the actual defensive stalwart they need (Drummond is not a good defensive player), they both add size with more shooting. Just the fact that these are three big dudes makes them solid additions for their teams.