Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Paul, Booker and Ayton is nice.

Jrue Holiday to the Bucks, a risk they simply had to take and now have an MVP and 2 fringe all stars.

Covington to Blazers for Ariza and Picks.

how many times Ariza was traded in and out at Rockets???

1 Like

Plus Bogdanovich from Sacramento. Both Holiday and Bogdanovich are really good NBA players, but Iā€™m not sure that is enough to win a title.

1 Like

Giannis, Jrue, Middleton, Bogdanovic and Lopezā€¦ Iā€™m expecting a better playoff performance from the Bucks next season.

When you see how much New Orleans can get for Jrue Holidayā€¦

I assume weā€™re going to see other stuff. Dā€™Antoni basically ran endless pick-and-rolls with the difference being the pace (a lot faster in Phoenix than in Houston). With Durant in your rotation that seems a bit of a waste. Obviously elements of Phoenix/Houston are going to come back.

@Flexo the competition is going to be better too though. At least you would assume Rivers is going to be better with that roster and Durant is healthy. Milwaukee has no bench right now. But taking everything into account (more so first year of Rivers coahing in Philadelphia and Durant/Irving first year ā€˜togetherā€™) this has a be a Finals year for the Bucks.

1 Like

Sounds like they gave up a few picks though. Hope it works out.

Those picks wouldnā€™t have done anything for them tbh. End-of-the-bench players they would have gotten at #27/28/29/30. On the other hand this means Giannis has to extend, otherwise mediocrity looming.

1 Like

They didnā€™t have a choice, do nothing and no chance Giannis stays.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHsA9znnboN/?igshid=1pkiqs9m2zkvu

They were bad when they decided to offer them.

I saw he turned down $50m per year!

Get that chip Harden!

I donā€™t he will ā€˜missā€™ that money since there is 130 million for 3 years coming his way ;).

Apparently Klay hurt his leg at a practice and has gone in for scans.

Warriors were probably going to pick Wiseman in the draft. If they go for a guard (LaMelo or Edwards etc) then Klayā€™s injury might be a long term one.

Really shit news though. :pensive:

Rumblings that heā€™s done his Achilles this time :pensive::pensive:

Chris Haynes reporting that it might be an Achilles injury. I heard early on that it could be the case but I was hoping it was conjecture.

The injury didnā€™t occur at the Warriors practice facility. The question I have in my mind is, what was Klay doing?

If heā€™s out for season, that would also close the Warriors title window imo.

1 Like

These guys play pick up games pretty much all off season. UCLA (the college here on the west side of LA near Beverly Hills) is famous for having 4 or 5 NBA players every day in the summer, playing ball. Itā€™s unfortunate if Klay did it while playing a pick up game but is that the kind of injury that only could have happened there? I dunno, seems to me if ur Achilles was gonna go it was inevitable.

1 Like

Canā€™t believe the Sixers were able to deal Horford without giving up too much and bringing in a shooter.

2 Likes

The idea of the untradable contract has become a myth.

Even John Wall is in trade discussions

Anyway the sixers are looking good, last chance for Embid/Simmons

1 Like