Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

If they go all, it is not only the East but the Championship.

Plus can you count on Kyrieā€™s health over the course of the season and playoffs?

1 Like

Like you said. Harden lost two conference finals and is 31. His window is closing fast. Why wouldnā€™t he take a back seat?

I think this narrative of players only going for their own success, there is only one ball etc is a bit exagerrated. Nine out of ten times they do figure it out.

I know. But with the east Harden should be able to get a 1 or 2 seed and have a much better chance at making the finals. Gotta get that conference championship first, which he hasnā€™t been able to do. No guarantee, even with those 3, but they should be in a conference final as the favourites.

Only if he could.
If he is smart, he would not wait till 31 then have his character changed.
Has been a huge ego freak and stat paddler for quite a long time, and a 180 degree change and put his ego aside at age 31?
I want to see that.

They should, if KD and Kyrie can stay healthy.
The biggest obstacle for them is, if Celtics can get a big man.
I donā€™t think the Heat can repeat what they did last season.

1 Like

Yes they do but the alphas rise to the top. In a big 3 someone ALWAYS takes a back seat. GSW worked because Draymond is a perfect 3rd star, plays defense rebounds and distributes, he doesnā€™t care about how many points he scores in a game, kinda like a modern day Dennis Rodman. On Miami Bosh ended up taking a back seat and being the forgotten 3rd guy. I canā€™t think of a time where 3 scorers like that got on the same team and they all continued to average like 25 - 30 a game. Thats why 2 big stars with a good cast is usually a more well rounded team.

I still think they would win a ton of games and be the 1 or 2 seed out East, with a giant caveat, that they stay healthy. When is the last time Kyrie played a whole season? And KD is coming back from a career altering type injury. Then you wonder what type of system they are gonna play with Nash and Dantoni as his assistant. That gimmicky system has never won? Lots of question marks and I donā€™t think it would work out.

1 Like

It would be interesting thatā€™s for sure, all 3 have so much offensive talent and all 3 can shoot.

They are also super good at one on one isolation.

1 Like

Suns get Chris Paul, I think with him and Booker in the backcourt they make playoffs.

2 Likes

Not sure CP3 is looking for a ring, shame for a PG of his quality.

No team that will compete can carry his contract I reckon.

@Aussiegooner probably OKC and Portland out. New Orleans and Phoenix in I reckon.

2 Likes

I still think if Dame, Nurk and CJ remain healthy weā€™ll scrape in ahead of NOP.

A lot of that depends just how good Zion is year 2 though IMO.

The other thing could be if Rockets blow it up and Harden and Westbrook leave weā€™ll probably make it over them.

1 Like

The sample size is very small. But New Orleans were a .500 team with Zion if Iā€™m not mistaken. Now with van Gundy they have a coach with decent pedigree.

Lakers, Clippers, Utah, Denver, Dallas, Phoenix, New Orleans and Golden State. I was already not counting the Rockets ;).

1 Like

Ah yeah forgot about the Warriors theyā€™ll be top 4 with both LAā€™s and Denver.

Iā€™ll take 7 the same as you but have the Blazers over the Pels, when Dame, Nurk and CJ are all playing history suggests we go about .600.

1 Like

Philly should have the better package, no?

Hopefully heā€™ll go to sixers.

Yeah youā€™d think Philly could do like Simmons and Horford/Harris mix with some picks and thats better than what Brooklyn could offer.

Iā€™d like to see Harden in Philly, but man those Harris/Horford contracts are looking really bad now :gabriel:

Listening to some NBA insiders, they say that there isnā€™t a very big chance Houston is going to give up Harden. Houston arenā€™t going to let him go for nothing, they want a MVP caliber player in return for Harden.

3 Likes

of courseā€¦ who wants to give up the golden egg?