Average players with amazing CVs

Alvaro Arbeloa.

1 Like

Really?

He comes across very well on tv and twitter

Nah, he’s a snivelling sycophant. Branding a fan an “idiot” for holding up a sign was almost like elitism.

It’s nice when he’s on ITV doing World Cup commentary because he’s hardly allowed to get a word in. Purposely controversial.

I’d much rather listen to Alan Smith as a second commentator. Calls the game fairly, straight down the line, no boring banter with Carragher or that loser Martin Tyler.

Gary Neville is both a cunt and really nice guy at the same time.

I like listinening to his punditry, he’s very pashionate, determined and eloquent, stands behind what he talks about (I think didn’t get the phrase properly). Really has his own opinion about stuff, doesn’t say stuff just to fill media space, and that’s what I like. Even though he’s so so wrong quite often, I still like hearing HIS opinion - most pundits just speak what seems appropriate/ fashionable atm.

1 Like

Love the thread @SRCJJ.

@Mr_Nostalgia beat me to the punch, this John O’ Shea prick, average as fuck CB, 5 league titles, a few domestic cups and a CL title… not to mention the prick scored the winner in the CL SF 1st leg against us.

4 Likes

Take him over a lot of our cbs in the last decade.

1 Like

We’ve had a lot of average CB’s, the point is if he never played for a top 6 club throughout his career no onw would bat an eyelid.

Just being available at the right place at the right time.
The opposite is, Phil Jones.

Behave :grin: Absolute cack once he left United :crazy_face:

1 Like

You don’t get trust of Fergie unless you have something .
Ffs Holding, Chambers,Sok, etc. Total crap who have been used as regulars. :sleepy:

I actually admired United for having players like O’Shea on the bench, always able to fill in when needed and perform on a really decent level.

Imo he was a very good and valuable player for them, able to play on both sides of the pitch, in the back line, in midfield, centrally, outside… First choice RB in 09… I think he played in midfield, next to Gibson, with Fabio and Rafael on the wings when United threw us out of the FA cup in 2011…

:vinai:

2 Likes

Wasn’t that Wes Brown?

Wes Brown was the first choice in 08. He probably had some injuries in 09 so O’Shea got in front of him.
Yeah I checked, Wes Brown only had 8 PL appearances in 09.

2 Likes

I remember Wes Brown slinging in the cross for Ronaldo to score in the 08 final. That’s probably what had me thinking he was first choice the following year :grin:

1 Like

Yep. 08 was surely the best season of his life (by far as I know), I guess the only season where he was a standard (starting 11) part of a truly great team.
Was never good enough as a CB, but was actually very good that year as a RB, definitely better than anything Gary Neville ever produced since I started watching football.

I’ve just seen Wes Brown was in PFA PL team of the year in 2001. I’m literally shocked. Since 2002 and onwards I always loved to see him (or Silvestre) in the United back line because he was so error prone and insecure.

That’s a very bold claim.

In his playing days he epitomised everything I hated about United, but Neville was a very good right back, I feel like he gets underrated by a lot of people because he was such a little weasle faced cunt.

I’m struggling to remember that specific Wes Brown season if I am honest, but I still find it hard to have a conversation about him at any point being as good a right back as Neville was :grin:

1 Like

Giroud nomination again now he has added a CL to his CV.

How did you find this post 5 months later haha

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh ffs, I hadn’t realised til you just pointed it out. Fucking hate it when I accidentally do a mad bump to disagree with something that’s totally unimportant :joy:

I regularly look at the “suggested topics” bit at the bottom of the thread, if I don’t have any unread threads it starts suggesting random old shit that I missed at the time it was posted, sometimes I don’t realise its not a new post and I end up replying lol

3 Likes