Average players with amazing CVs

Stole this topic from another forum… but who would be your worst players with amazing CVs?

Choupo-Moting is the obvious one as he’s somehow managed to bag stints at PSG and now Bayern Munich after doing nothing for most of his career.

I don’t want to call Maxwell average because he was clearly a pretty damn solid player. But look at his CV;

Ajax, Barcelona, Inter Milan, PSG. He’s won a bucket load of trophies without ever really being an established top talent.

4 Likes

The GOAT at this in recent times is Danilo.

Check his trophy cabinet, I still don’t know what this guy does on a football pitch to justify the big moves he continues to get.

Won trophies galore at Real, City and then Juve. His agent is nothing short of superb

5 Likes

Olivier Giroud wins this one for me. Mostly because of that World Cup…

5 Likes

Not so much for the clubs he has played for, but Jose Bosingwa has 2 Champions League medals from his time at Porto and Chelsea.

Juliano Belletti as well maybe? Barcelona and Chelsea. He’s won La Liga, PL, Champions League and World Cup!

2 Likes

Giuseppe Favalli. Scudetto, 3 coppa Italia and uefa cup winners cup, uefa supercup with lazio, scudetto and 1 coppa italia with inter, champions league, club World Cup with Milan.

Can’t remember seeing him even kick a ball.

2 Likes

I know this isn’t exactly in the spirit of the thread because he’s not an average player but Paul Pogba leaps to mind for me. I know that he can be absolutely world class at times but so much of his playing time he is such a complete passenger. I really don’t understand why he’s as highly rated as he is given what he’s like week to week.

1 Like

Wes Brown is on the list for me, can barely remember his time at United but he won a shit tonne of things and was there for over a decade!

1 Like

Can’t believe you’ve said this in @SRCJJ ‘s own thread :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

He played a couple of blinders against us well above his station if I remember correctly :joy:

1 Like

Giroud, Ramsey and Morata.

1 Like

Chupo Montang

Brown has actually made to a FA Team of the Year once…but indeed. Very few people will remember him.

1 Like

Hopefully he can add the Champions League to his trophy cabinet this season :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Shaqiri

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to accept that Djimi Traore has a Champions League medal. Just don’t understand how that could have happened in real life.

2 Likes

Good shout. Inter, Bayern, Liverpool for someone who’s basically never really shown much.

2 Likes

Balotelli

1 Like

I really don’t rate Kingsley Coman, think he’s ridiculously average. Probably unpopular but there we go.

5 bundesligas
2 ligue 1
2 seria a
1 cl
1 world cup

1 Like

Does Anelka qualify as average?

1 Like

And Stoke. Glorious.