Average players with amazing CVs

I think Anelka was way above average as a player so I wouldn’t be able to get behind this one haha.

4 Likes

Of all the things you could say about Anelka, I don’t think questioning his quality flies. What his career really shows is the impact on any career of being surrounded by the wrong advice.

1 Like

Bojan Krkic.

2 Likes

He won me so much on Football Manager :joy:

1 Like

Gerard Pique.

2 Likes

This one may be a bit harsh but I shall say it anyways:

Khedira.

1 x Bundesliga
1 x La Liga
5 x Serie A
1 Champions League
1 World Cup

Deschamps

Divock Origi, right place right time.

4 Likes

Ryan Giggs :eyes:

6 Likes

I reckon there are a lot of players who played under Fergie who could be named in this thread.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s average and his pressing and good alround play have been vital for Liverpool but James Milner has an incredible CV for his level of talent

1 Like

Sammy Lee in his time would be similar. Balance players really.

Gary Neville

1 Like

Fergie’s teams had a few tossers that won things they should never have come close to winning.

Olivier Giroud is up there for me in this era. I don’t think he’s garbage but he’s had an amazing career in relation to what he actually brings to the table.

1 Like

John O’Shea

2 Likes

Being English and fairly insular when it comes to the football I watch, my mind went immediately to Phil Neville and Nicky Butt.

As much as I despised Gary Neville, I can’t get behind him receiving a shout in this thread. I think he was actually a really good right back, he wasn’t Man U and England number 1 for that long for no good reason.

3 Likes

He actually had a great attitude and that runs through a lot of players that get played down in that era under Fergie.

1 Like

Absolutely no imo.

Alvaro Morata

Seems to move for 50m each time without doing much

8 Likes

100%

Can’t see what he did that Lee Dixon couldn’t.

Absolute prick of a man, too.

3 Likes