Aston Villa

1 Like

So, thatā€™s Ollie Watkins, Tyrone Mingsā€¦

Wonder whoā€™s going to be next to feel the wrath of this managerial great.

Would anyone take him here?

Ollie Watkins? I would a year ago if Jesus wasnā€™t available.

Not sure where he fits now and Villa will still require quite a fee for him.

In reality who does Watkins improve. Not doing any better than Villa really.

7 Likes

I think he would do well at Chelsea. I donā€™t think heā€™ll ever be reliable scorer but he does lots of work off the ball and his movement is always dangerous.

He would do better than Havertz up top, I think.
Tbf, thereā€™s plenty of strikers out there that can do better than Havertz up top.

Watkins can play out-wide as well play as the nominal forward. For Ā£30mā€¦no thanks. Loan with an option to buyā€¦ :ok_hand:

1 Like

He would be a good shout for West Ham if they didnā€™t buy Scamacca.

His technical ability is just Laca with legs but nothing football nous wise. He is just bog standard with little technical level.

1 Like

Watkins just hasnā€™t grown from that first season at Villa which looked respectable. 26 Years old now. He is what he is.

Think Dean Smith used him better though.

Be interesting to see how Ivan Toney pushes on.

4 Likes

I would have if Nketiah didnā€™t sign the contract.

Big blow for them

I think people shouldnā€™t be too harsh on Gerrard for losing to Palace but itā€™s already a pretty rocky relationship there.

Lose the next 3 and heā€™ll be under serious pressure.

1 Like

Heā€™ll be gone. 3 points out of 18 (from the start of the season) would put them firmly in the relegation zone.

I still think Dean Smith sacking was harsh even with the losing run. The window was not good and they were crap under Gerrard too he had to get Coutinho to dig himself out of that hole.

1 Like

I think it was literally only the new manager bounce, a few games, that kept their heads above water in the end.

Thereā€™s every chance Deano could have done the same with them.

I liked it when the shameless cunt got his team to game raise v Man City on the last day but, ultimately, to no avail.

2 Likes

Lol. Villa were the highest spenders in Europe from the time they were promoted in the PL till the time Smith got sacked.

The guy is a Championship coach, letā€™s be real.

Theyā€™ve got one of the best squads in the league and they look nothing like it. I bet you most PL managers would love to have the Villa squad than theirs, and I reckon they would do better with it too.

Promoted teams spend a lot of money.

1 Like

Most in Europe in like 3 seasons.

And it wasnā€™t like Villa had a bad team when they came up either, like Forest genuinely did.

Letā€™s not excuse Smith here for not being good either.
Thereā€™s a reason he ended up at Norwich and trust me, he ainā€™t coming back to the PL anytime soon.

Wasnā€™t excusing him I even bought up he went on a losing run. You got a comprehension problem.

3 Likes