Aston Villa

Mings is very popular there, right? Seems like an odd fight to pick.

I bet some villa fans are saying this but we donā€™t give a fuck about them or Gerards man management

Gerrard is shit anyway

Think heā€™s still better than Lampard though

Sounds like a statement from a manager losing his grip on things

1 Like

Thatā€™s an awful statement.

Iā€™ve just put a fiver on Steven Gerrard to be the next manager that gets sacked.

1 Like

Just not a great fit tbh

This is all you need to hear about Gerrard to know he ainā€™t going anywhere as a manager. The guy is a fucking coordinator while his assistant was being the manager. Beale is gone now btw, went to QPR.

You just running wild with your agenda here. This isnā€™t unusual in football from any era.

Emi wasnā€™t familiar with it and Foster was surprised to hear about it too.
Clearly not a normal thing.

I assume you rate Gerrardā€™s work from Rangers? I thought he was promising from what I saw of Rangers in EL but that was a small subset of Rangers, was he doing that good in the Scottish league?
I think he failed miserably so far at Villa.

Beale carried him at Rangers. The Rangers fans all knew this tbf

What do you think of Gerrard?

Was impressed by Europe but GvB took over and did much better than him in Europe.

I thought it would have been a good appointment with Beale besides him. Its looking like its going wrong now

Gerrard delegates quite a bit, but if one of your players is saying that the team now has two managers that doesnā€™t sound good.

I donā€™t think Emi was doing it internationally but what he said minimised Gerrardā€™s role.

2 Likes

He must have a memory problem, he was a United player under Fergusonā€¦you know someone well known for delegation to his coaches.

1 Like

Exactly. And with the Mings issue now popping up. You start to wonder if it is related.
Did Mings comment on that and Gerrard learned about it from someone else?

I think the real news here is Emi finally giving an interview without talking about Arsenal.

6 Likes

Youā€™re absolutely right here. I donā€™t rate Gerrard, either. However, this same argument was being had about Peter Taylor and Brian Clough

1 Like

Gerrard worked with these people. I donā€™t think implementing a management style that he thinks worked well for him as a player is something to be ashamed of if thatā€™s what heā€™s doing.

I think Liverpool players have been vocal in the past about the difference between Houllier type managers and Rodgers type training ground coaches. It would probably be weird if they all favoured one approach.

1 Like

No I donā€™t particularly rate him at all. Just making the point that itā€™s not unusual for coaching to be delegated by managers.
Fergie was renowned for it. Klopp does and plenty of others have over the years.

2 Likes