Arsène Wenger

I don’t think any of that is a problem at all though.

Go onside. Be onside when the ball is played. If players knew they had to they would to a much larger extent for fear of ruining a goal for their team. The problem is solved at an earlier stage.

1 Like

Inhibits creativity.

I don’t think you have thought this through.

Players make a lot of runs in anticipation of the pass which doesn’t always come. You will end up in shit ton of instances where a player would be removed from the equation in a single match.

What if the player became offside but before he could get back, the defenders move up, would it be fair to consider him onside in this case when he made no effort to become onside.

Not worth it.

Oh I have :slight_smile:

The actual player who receives the ball has to be onside, he is up for a worse task than any of his team mates who are hoovering without having to time a ball yet this is how most goals are scored. They also make runs in anticipation when the pass never comes, this is common.

If you’re the inactive team mate on the far other side of the pitch just be onside when the pass is made to the other player the pass is meant for, then go nuts it’s like you’re the guy the pass was made to except it’s easier because you have no pass to time. I mean these goals happen all the time, I don’t think it is an issue.

The odd goal teams score by “tricking” the trap is not worth it for the ambiguity imo. I see your point though, you like the creativity it offers, you think the trade is fine, I don’t :smiley: I think it made more sense a long time ago, nowadays it’s a relic getting exploited. probably. lol

1 Like

That’s how it is now

I mean uh, if you’re Messi in that clip :sweat_smile: like, you’re another player on the right side of the pitch when the ball goes to a player on the left side for example. Let me reword that.

Again this will discourage off the ball movement which players make to create space for their teammates.

They will all be concerned about who the pass meant for and being onside.
Footba is boring these days any which ways.

If they don’t know if the pass is for them they need to be onside anyway, don’t they? I believe this is the exact reason they stay onside most of the time :sweat_smile: to be playable.

If you want to set something up to “trick” the trap, again that is a modern exploit of a rule meant for another problem imo, and the cost is dubious judgement calls here and there.

btw I agree it is sometimes boring though, but there are other fixes for that imo :slight_smile:

1 Like

As much as you all hate Wenger this is just the sad and honest truth. The club is a shambles and Arsene was holding it together about as well as anyone possibly could. Really miraculous to think about how Wenger actually made the club viable with very little spend.

It’s really strange how this fan base holds the man in disdain. As an LA Dodgers fan we had a legendary manager named Tommy Lasorda who was manager for exactly 20 years, and only won the World Series twice. He passed away last year but there isn’t an ill word spoken of the man in LA…and if there are, hands are being thrown. Arsene should recieve the same respect, but the Arsenal fan base are pretty shit so not all that surprised I guess.

4 Likes

Come on BigWeng he was done by then, we’ve fucked up since his departure but moving on from him wasn’t the wrong decision.

He wasn’t ‘holding together’ much of anything, the club declined under his watch.

4 Likes

Some people turn off the lights and lock the doors on their way out, Wenger decided to burn the place down on his exit.

£150m on Mustafi, Xhaka, Perez, Lacazette.

Only thing I wish was we had retired him sooner, before he destroyed the club’s future and his own legacy.

3 Likes

I’d punch u both in ur fat fucking mouths if I were in the room with you. Standard of this clubs shit supporters needs to go up a few notches. Pathetic little worms.

14 Likes

The fuck did you just say bitch

13 Likes

Hahahahaha

4 Likes

Even with those gaffes, imagine having a +25 GD and making European football with those players, only a legend like Arsene could get results like that out of those terrible players. Arteta had to get rid of those doods for nothing and spend 250m and still isn’t gonna make it lmaooooo :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

How many twitter accounts have you got at this stage?

1 Like

2017-18 Season:

Premier League 6th
FA Community Shield Winners
FA Cup Third round
EFL Cup Runners-up
UEFA Europa League Semi-finals

this is really burning the club to the ground? Is Wenger the one who set that standard? This was a pretty typical season before he joined, and that was without 2 oil clubs to fend off every season.

Consider what it would look like if you had a big PL club with a good manager but an incompetent board. The league you’re in has Man Utd, Liverpool + 2 oil teams fighting for 4 slots every season (that top 4 used to be held against you btw, you need better, but first thing’s first) and the odd extra cunt club having a go every season.

How could you tell the manager was good but the board incompetent? How do you tell their effect on the club apart. If you looked at it from the outside, what did the manager achieve under the previous owners and what do the current owners do with other clubs they own?

And every good manager in the world has thrown away some money on bad transfers one window, you want to hire the person who didn’t throw away £35m on a shitty defender or midfielder? Who is that? You can hold that against any of them but to pick on the one who was known for being good with less resources than the rest of the top clubs is harsh? Is there any point in listing all the shit transfers the rest of the clubs make?

You can still want to try another manager, look for the person who can punch even more above our weight than Wenger did but at least recognise that that’s the situation we were in with him, and that’s the situation we’re still in after he left.

5 Likes

His worst would actually be an acceptable season by our current standards, the very least we should be doing :joy:

4 Likes

Considering we’ve switched out most of the staff and coaches and just about the entire squad and the best players we have are the two Wenger got us in his last season, yes. probably. It’s getting absurd to die on the hill that this is still because of the manager from 3 years ago, At what point does that excuse stop working?

3 Likes

People just don’t really get it. If you don’t think Wenger was finished and shared responsibility for our decline then you’re just being an apologist.

Wenger was done at the top level. He’s arguably been on the slide for a good 9-10 years before he eventually got the sack. He was given far too many years, too much responsibility and too many chances.

Wenger was sacked and replaced by two managers who couldn’t hold a candle to him even at the end of his career. But that doesn’t mean he didn’t need to go.

We were fading. Finished outside the top 4 in back to back seasons. Wenger had lost the dressing room, he’d built up an awful away record and assembled a disjointed and bizarre squad.

Arsene was done. And the managers that have followed have been shit. But the latter point does not mean we were wrong for sacking Wenger.

5 Likes

What I find absolutely absurd is we sacked Wenger and Emery for much less than Arteta.

They never had us in the bottom half of the league constantly either.

What is going on lol

2 Likes