Arsène Wenger

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes

One thing I used to love about Arsene was that he was an absolutely horrible loser. Unfortunately down the line he just got too go comfortable with it.

Haha I used to hate seeing Wenger like that but seeing it now, it’s quite funny.

I wonder if any of this frustration trickles down to staff and players at times.

Top class from Arsene :clap:

3 Likes

9 years ago. Securing that magical top four trophy on the last day.

7 Likes

Really all came undone for Wenger when Rice left the fold.

3 Likes

Arsene >>>>>>> Klopp

What a pathetic display from a so called great manager. Has one of the best sides in the league and is struggling for top 4 with like 63 points :joy::joy::joy:

In Wengers prime with a top team he still had a 4 year span way better better Klopp. From 01 to 05 averaged 84 points a season, Klopp even with those massive 100 point seasons has book ended them with 60 point seasons. He’ll never measure up to the goat PL manager :goat::goat::goat::goat:

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone really disputes this, mate (maybe the number of > but that’s it)

1 Like

LOL

Klopp actually doing a Wenger this season, gonna take 26 points from the last 30 to steal 4th at the death. Big daddy Wenger be proud.

With that squad tho Aussie?? Imagine Wenger doing that with his title winning squad of doods like Viera and Henry lmfaooooooo :joy::joy::joy::joy::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

2 Likes

Fair play to Klopp for building such a great squad on limited net spend, not an easy thing to do.

In reality though they’ve had to play gutter trash dirt pounder central defenders all year, so if they get out of the season with CL football it isn’t a bad result.

3 Likes

Yeah poor Klopp could only spend 80m on a CB and 60m on a GK how poverty are they :sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

Well mate they raised the funds through shrewd sales, what do you want him to do ? Not spend the money they make through sales ? :joy:

1 Like

Nah they won the Barca lottery 140m for Coutinho. They are truly like the scouser family that won the lottery. Can take the scouse out of the trailer park but can’t take the trailer park out of the scouser.

1 Like

ELI5 - Why couldn’t Arsenal expand Highbury?

Why couldn’t they rehouse the Highbury residents where the Emirates is today? Build a carbon copy of the houses they were living in.

Article below is from 1997. Another player to add to the ‘Arsene could have signed’ list…

Makelele :grin:

1 Like

Makele was a top DM and was one of Chelsea’s most influential players but if we had have bought him, we wouldn’t have got Vieira who, with Petit, were arguably the best CM pairing in Europe.

3 Likes

Vieira was signed in 1996. The signing may have impacted Petit but the article says Makelele was a winger back then, so who knows.

2 Likes

We might have had Vieira and Makelele in midfield with Petit in his original position as a centre back

1 Like