Arsène Wenger

Exactly this.

Wenger overstayed at least by 6/7 years. It was clear eventually that he lost the strategic and tactical acumen to compete with the best. I remember well complaining on the old onlinearsenal forum about his very late subs changing things too late. His dinosaur tactics. His refusal to adapt to the opponent.

Some of our players at the time said we play the same against Sunderland as we would play against Barcelona.

No wonder we were the laughing stock. Of the CL. Routinely getting knocked out.

Wenger was good the first part of his tenure. The 2nd part is a blemish. Mourinho had Wenger in his pocket. Ferguson too.

3 Likes

Put Mourinho or Ferguson in Wengers place and with our team making a net surplus of 20m from 07 - 13, we are probably way more shit than we were under Wenger. He kept us in the CL and still had a special eye for talent. What he did under the conditions this club put him in, was nothing short of a miracle.

1 Like

He lost his eyesight after 2011.

2 Likes

Wait let me find the 1947284847372725 previous replies to this statement

Hmm, maybe, but put Ferguson in Wenger’s place in February 2008 and we win the league that season

4 Likes

I mean u keep saying the same exact shit even tho you’ve been proven categorically wrong now since he’s gone lmaoooo. Difference between me saying the same thing is that I have consequently been proven correct so rippppp :joy::joy::joy:

Mourinho maybe but Ferguson no.

He also had similar circumstances under the glazers to deal with and won league titles and CLs.

I think at Arsenal he at least would have done as well as Wenger did.

2 Likes

Mou has been proven to be a check book manager. Fergie I can’t get on board with either because to bridge the gap to Arsenal they were buying CBs for more than we were buying strikers.

They were nowhere near similar. Fergie got huge amounts of investment even after the Glazers. The Ferdinand, Veron and Rooney buys for their time were a bigger stake of revenue than the Pogba signing.

I think there was a time when they had about 20-30 signings in excess of our transfer record. United constantly bought their domestic oppositions best players for about 20 years under Fergie.

Compare that to Wenger needing to break even on the transfer market and to sell one of his best players every single season for a decade.

8 Likes

Errrrr, nope. You on the other hand regarding Wenger. Yep, categorically wrong.

2 Likes

Oh ya mean like when I said we won’t hire a good manager and we will be mid table without him? Yeah I was very wrong about that homeboy lmaoooooo :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Just because we didn’t hire a better manager after him doesn’t mean two things: a) that Wenger shouldn’t have left. He should have and fortunately he did.

And b) if Wenger had stayed on it would have ended in tears and mid table as he fared worse and worse season after season.

Now that I again categorically proved to you that you are categorically wrong on this, it’s Sesame Street bed time for you BigWeng.

2 Likes

Lmao except I never said we shouldn’t have gotten a new manager. What I said way back when was that out club wouldn’t hire a proper replacement and so we’d be better off keeping Wenger under the current circumstances. I even advocated for Pep as a replacement but our club was never going to hire a manager who wanted resources and unlimited funds or close to it, for player purchases. And guess what, 2 underwhelming hires back to back. Wenger even in his worst season was still getting us into Europa my dood, lmaooo get rekt scrub shitter :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

He came 6th in his worst ever season. Saying he’d drop lower after major investment seems very unrealistic

4 Likes

Ok Pino

1 Like

He is ruining what he built. Wrong the shit club was.

True but why on earth would u ever think the club would hire a top of the line manager? Wrong once again :joy::joy:

Lmaooooooo, again clueless af my dood :grin::grin::+1::point_right:

You were finally right for once, but why would u think a weak board would ever be able to hire a top manager? Faulty logic tbh…and that logic is coming home to roost now. Enjoy your mid table club homie ur one of the absolute dirt pounders that hounded out the man keeping us relevant :gorilla::gorilla::gorilla::gorilla:

1 Like

Oh here’s another revelation from Nostra fucking damus :sob::sob:

1 Like

giphy-4

1 Like

Wenger had to go. I know you need a napkin for your tears. With or without Wenger this club is doomed because under Wenger the decline set in.

1 Like

Lmaooooo take ur L bruh look at all this nonsensical shit u were saying :sob::sob::sob::joy::joy::joy::joy::eggplant::eggplant::eggplant::eggplant::eggplant:

Ehh but for real u shouldn’t feel bad u were in the majority that’s why everyone is so salty these days they hate that I was so right. Only a few ppl have been man enough to admit their error, gotta give massive credit to @Aussiegooner for being a man.

5 Likes