Arsène Wenger

If we had Auba I agree we probably win 3-1 or so that night :rage:

3 Likes

Of course it was our luck Atletico dropped in to face us. Imagine how easy it woulda been this year for Wenger. We’d have been beating teams like 7 or 8 nil aggregate all the way to the final.

We nearly got dicked in Moscow on that run. Lets not be making out it was an elite fucking effort.
Fucking dressing up failure as if it was some sort of heroics going down fighting.
He came up with a nothing plan for the second leg.

Yes nearly got dicked in Moscow when we scored 2 away goals in an away draw and won the tie 6 - 3 lmaoooo that’s nearly dicked for u? Erm okay homie :grimacing::grimacing::+1::+1::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Yeah we were 4 1 up going there and went 2 down and all over the shop.

2 Likes

And won 6 - 3, your point? We shit on them lmaoooo as we should have been doing to every team we’ve faced so far this season in the EL.

How about ostersunds at home. Remind me about that one.

Yeah we did have some nervy moments in the 2nd leg, from memory CSKA had a decent chance to go 3-0 up also.

2 Likes

We scored 3 away goals with an Elneny AMN pivot lmaooooo thanks for reminding just how damn good Arsene was I mean he did so much with so little woulda been scary if he ever had a squad like City or Barca that was clearly head and shoulders the best in the world at the time…oh wait nm he went 49 unbeaten with a squad just on par with the other top teams in the league…didn’t even have to be the best. Arsene tha gawd never forget.

1 Like

Our starting 11 2004 was the best talent wise dude, wouldn’t say it was on par.

2 Likes

It was good but United was right there.

Yeah man I concede he’s the greatest manager never too land a European trophy.

1 Like

He did land a European trophy, against an all star Barca squad too just got fucked by the refs that’s all. Wenger is better than anyone tbh. Probably woulda had about 5 Europas too if he was ever shit enough to qualify.

Well we can compensate ourselves with knowing he’s on a losing list with 2 other Arsenal legends in Europe Unai and Stewart Houston. Revered men in the history of the club.:shushing_face:

Not as good as ours at that point I don’t think, Brown, Silvestre and O’Shea playing many mins in defence, whilst we had world class players like Sol and Cashley etc.

Wenger won the CL tho :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

This is a point often forgotten.

Manure went into that season as champions and right up until mid-January there was a title race on with them. They lost at Wolves (SHITE) and the wheels came off. Chelsea were in the race a little while longer but they always had a defeat against a lowly Charlton or Bolton in them.

It’s obviously the same argument that can be made for Manure’s treble winning side of 99. History looks back on them as this all conquering, head and shoulders above all the rest footballing side whereas, in reality, they only just nudged ahead of us. They won the league by a point (a point that we lost at Selhurst Park thanks to a handballed winning goal) and had to wrestle the FA Cup away from us.

History doesn’t remember the finer points in any situation.

The naysayers can’t even realise that since Wenger’s departure we haven’t had a manager who could even replicate Wenger’s worst seasons.

Disrespect Wenger all you want, that was the best you are gonna get for a decade now

Emery’s first season was at least on a par with Wenger’s worst season(s).

3 Likes

I shall give you that.