Arsène Wenger

Too bad our club was never in the position to do like a K£opp where he needed a defender so they go out and buy the absolute best defender in the world and spunk 80m on him, or he needed a gk go out and spend 70m. That solved their issues real quick didn’t it? Cuz K£opp had a lot of European failures under his belt as well. Wonders what hundreds of millions of pounds spent on players can do to ur career :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Compare Liverpool 05 to any prime Wenger team and tell me how we haven’t got one CL.
We didn’t always need that big signing. Porto had less and won it too when we were in our pomp.

4 Likes

That’s exactly the thing. Plenty of mediocre sides have won that competition and even more have made deep runs. It isn’t rocket science in the end - keep it tight at the back, take a chance or two, and get a few lucky bounces and a club above a certain level can win any tie against even the best in the world. Its no surprise that our deepest runs in that competition came in the period from 2005-2008 when we weren’t even at our best but we had a solid defense and otherwise kept things structured and pretty simple. As Wenger moved the team toward this half-assed variant of Pep ball with lots of possession and zero defensive structure or investment in our spine, our ability to compete in Europe predictably declined. Getting bounced seven straight years in the R16 of the Champions League is ridiculous in retrospect.

2 Likes

Um Luck?? Lmaooo lolpool 2005 got absolutely shit on man they got lucky Milan didn’t show up in the 2nd half. Wheras we were dominating an all time great Barca team and only lost cuz the refs fucked up. For all intents and purposes Wenger has the cup, he is more deserving of a CL title than Benitez and that trash lolpool side.

1 Like

Will never be in the argument as an all time great Wenger because of not being able to win that trophy you know.
Tactically just didn’t have it sadly. Deserved his chance though but Barca cutting us open leading to the sending off spoilt his one shot at it.
Could of been one of the best finals ever that.

3 Likes

I swear that Final is the most painful memory for me as an Arsenal fan. Even now when I think back to it, it pains and angers me. That cup had our name on it.

3 Likes

The cup semi final in 1999 was worse. Even after the 2006 European Cup final, I thought we’d contest again.

1 Like

I think that Barcelona team was just too good for us tbh. That red card moment happened in the 14th or 15th minute already? Hate to say it but that Barcelona team was ‘destined’ to win the CL.

Lmaoooo y’all smoked out af we were smacking the fuck out of those scrubs with 10 men they were nothing compared to Wenger fucking Barca shitters lmaooo :joy::joy:

4 Likes

The sustained effort against all reason is very impressive. Did you get your taste and sense of smell back after covid my fellow Wenger warrior?

2 Likes

Lmaooo thanks for asking!! I’ve been back to normal for a few months now, my wife still can’t smell or taste that well tho :flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

U think what im thinking :henry2:?

1 Like

Eat a delicious takeaway in front of her :blush:

2 Likes

Lehmann made a sensational save that night against I believe it was Raul.

He sure did :grin:

1 Like
11 Likes

@arsenescoatmaker
What on earth were you thinking?

8 Likes

It was acceptable in the 90s

4 Likes

It was accepted. It was never acceptable.

1 Like