Arsène Wenger

Everything you always project on Wenger he has literally moved against with his actions and words. He actually said he didn’t see the added value of Mislintat (or somebody in that role). Why do you think he would allow a restructuring?

1 Like

The team still played in the style Wenger had them doing for at least a year after, its why we did pretty decently under Emery in the first year. Once Emery had gotten rid of the remnants of Arsene is when we really fell apart.

1 Like

No where else were a selling team with surplus in player trading for 15 years

2 Likes

Because success doesn’t come without some struggle. Wenger and Dein didn’t always see eye to eye did they? Nope but thats when we had our most success as a club. What Gazidis did to take some power away from Wenger and restructure the club was absolutely the right thing to do, but Gazidis was just terrible at it. If we’d stuck with Sven to work closely with Arsene to buy the right players and then allow Arsene to manage them, we’d have seen a resurgence in our success. We just don’t seem to get the right mix at Arsenal because there’s no vision from the very top.

Here you do it again. Sven working closely with Wenger. I repeat: Wenger didn’t see any value in bringing Mislintat in why do you think he’d value his opinions?

The relationship between Dein and Wenger, the former appointed the latter, and Wenger and Gazidis/Law/Mislintat was completely different. After Dein left he had obtained so much power and his ego grew to such proportions he would never allow to get into just a coaching role (again).

You’re projecting all kind of stuff, but none of it would have happened. Simply because Wenger wouldn’t allow it or do his own thing.

1 Like

Lmao he wouldn’t allow it yet Sven was hired while Arsene was still coach and we went ahead with the sporting director role anyways so ermm yeah he did ‘allow’ it :joy::joy: this honestly doesn’t make a lot of sense considering the entire premise is false :+1::+1:

Yeah. I said he wouldn’t allow it or do things his own way, which he did. And six months later he was gone…

My premise would be false. Except for the fact that there are quotes out their of the man himself saying that he didn’t value or see the point of the appointment of Mislintat.

1 Like

So you have gone from thinking that Wenger would have us challenging for the title this year, to bigging up his glorious EL defeats? Emery got us to a final, is he a saviour too?

There’s no point in bringing up nearly-achievements… no gaurantee we would turn up in the final either. Then again you might aswell say we were the true champions, as you also believe we were CL champions in 2006.

Why don’t u do a bit of research on the history of Arsenal the past few years. Wenger gave up a ton of power to Gazidis with the stat DNA thing. Wenger wanted the likes of KDB, VVD , and Greizmann and was told to stay in his lane by our analytics/scouting dept. What is this myth you’ve made up in ur head that Wenger was the be all end all voice at the Club? Dood had Mustafi Perez and many more transfer forced upon him that he didn’t want. Maybe up to 2012 or 2013 u woulda been right, after that not so much. Also the truth is there if you want to educate yourself on it as I have :+1::+1:

1 Like

Not half as good a myth as the one you created about Wenger having nothing to do with Xhaka’s signing.

1 Like

It’s not a myth. People like yourself denying that is rather a tactic too divert any sort of blame from Wenger and keep the adoration for him in tact. Wenger was very much a Sun King his last ~10 years or so.

1 Like

Give me a link that says Wenger scouted Xhaka, all he did was call him and tell him we wanted him. He didn’t negotiate the deal or ever even scout the guy lmao that was all Cagigao.

I know the current leadership have decided they’re expendable, but there’s a thing called scouts, they tend to do the scouting for managers.

Once again if you’d like to keep abreast of current events you can do the research. Wenger was very involved in the final say of transfer targets and there was a very long and drawn out scouting process that Wenger had the final say on until around 2013. After that things changed.

That the end of the 9 year drought.

Funny how when we were allowed to invest and break our transfer fee record we got immediate results. Weird how that works.

Not in Europe but yeah Hull and Villa put to the sword.

And City and United and lolpool and Chelsea and went 16 unbeaten in the FA cup but yeh homeboy don’t let that get in the way of ur narrative :joy::joy::joy::joy::clap::clap::clap::joy:

3 Likes

Let me guess: Ozil and Sanchez were bought by Wenger. The rest of the transfers from 2013 - 2017 were done by StatsDNA. Hehehehe lolololol hehehehe whoe whoe lelelelelele.

2 Likes

There’s some gray area in there because there was a very defined process of scouting prior to StatDNA. By all accounts our first StatDNA signing was Gabriel in January 2015 I think, so maybe my dates are off. There was an article written in 2013 that detailed the scouting process at our club and thats the last record of it before StatDNA signings arrived. We started using StatDNA tho in 2012. So from 2012 on im not exactly sure how StatDNA was being used. We bought it outright in like 2014 or 2015 tho and thats when the major changes seemed to come.