Arsène Wenger

He’s been that bad circa 2012.

FA Cups whilst nice enough just paper over the cracks.

1 Like

It’s a fine opinion, there’s not a lot of argument. However to me when he starts under performing in relation to our money expenditures in both wages, and transfers, then yeah I cant defend him anymore. That’s happened in the last two years only.

1 Like

Imagine Pep trying to have a dust up with Simeone as Arsenal gaffer on the Wembley touchline last Sunday.

The C*ntalan would have been all talk and no trousers.

Jardim
Carlo

for me.

1 Like

I am a longtime Jardim supporter and I still think he is the best man for the club.

Arsenal sucks. We need a big clear out of players, an infusion of young talent, and a new footballing culture that is much more disciplined and tactical.

Jardim has proven that he can meld experienced and youth players into a cohesive and functional side, get his club playing with tactical discipline in a variety of systems, and create a platform in which talented young players will actually thrive and improve. He has been blessed with a great youth system replenishing talent at Monaco but he has made the most of that talent and shown that he can adapt his side to changing conditions.

My second choice would be rolling the dice on Fonseca, who could be a great manager in the making. I don’t mind gambling on this appointment because Arsenal need to find a source of competitive advantage so in my view its better to gamble on potentially getting a great young manager than to settle for a veteran mediocrity. Tuchel also fits this mold to some degree, although I found his BvB teams to frequently be very undisciplined (almost Wengeresque) and it seems like his history with Sven makes an appointment unlikely in general.

2 Likes

The only C in your post isn’t Pep but the one that’s in our dugout

I’m intrigued by foncesca. Did well in Portugal too. The true hipsters choice. The hipsters among the hipsters’ choice.

Get us some baller Brazilians as well lol.

edit: also fuck simeone tbh. fucking racist and Zidane’s bunny

2 Likes

Not that I ever thought it would happen but it’s an absolute shame Simeone isn’t even on our alleged shortlist.

On the old forum I said that Wenger was killing this club and I got slated for it , i said earlier on in the new look forum that Wenger was killing the club and i still got slated
Well , I was fucking well right then and I’m still fucking right !!
We need a manager who can bring these tattooed up , overrated , social media loving , overpaid players down to Earth !
The reason why they are playing at the greatest stadium in the PL let alone Europe is because of what it meant to play for The Arsenal, not fucking instagram.
We’ve lost our identity, fucking black shirts with pink trim , wtf alls that about ! Not wearing the same length sleeves as the captain wants wtf that about .
This is THE Arsenal, my Arsenal, our Arsenal
The sooner Wenger is sacked the better .

4 Likes

While I’m on a rant , George Graham was and will always be THE greatest manager this club had . He grabbed the likes of Adams , Merson , Rocastle and turned them into WINNERS not players who lost 8-2 at old Trafford.

3 Likes

BS. Pep is going to leave a place with unlimited funds that is now #1 in the EPL ? Pep may have a spot on Arsenal’s list, but it should be under the he isn’t interested portion of the list.

1 Like

That’s not the same summer. Just saying

looool, moley talking shite

https://twitter.com/moleyfootball/status/968457536713232385

Pep replacing wenger :arteta:

should have went for him when he was leaving Bayern

1 Like

Pep’s a c’nt anyway. He’d probably ruin us with expensive transfers. Only used to doing the job with endless funds and stays in a job no longer than 3 seasons.

3 Likes

Had Wenger left sooner there’d be little debate imo. I’m far from one of the neighsayers when it comes to Graham but I’d still have him third behind Wenger and Chapman.

What’s wrong with this though? Put yourself in his shoes, are you going to take a job on less money with more chance of failure? I can’t think of many good managers that have stayed in their job for more than 3 seasons either. While he’s at the top the best teams will want him and you can’t really blame him for that. I’m pretty sure people were saying he’d done all he could for Barcelona and Bayern at the time too.

1 Like

Oh yeah sorry, that capitulation coupled with the sorry exit of the FA Cup that season to Watford was more than enough to make me look forward to the future. I wanted Pep that summer tbh.

JB ,
That’s an impressive shout . Chapman was a visionary, he changed everything about the club , Graham came in after the bleak and barron years and installed a discipline that shaped the Wenger early years .
We now need a manager who has Graham’s discipline and Wengers attacking football .
The trillion dollar question… who !

2 Likes

He deserved a chance to make it to that period around 2013 and have a go with the increased funds, but the last 5 years now have been an embarassing failure. Yes the FA Cups were great in isolation, but we all know that those aren’t the best measures of success, Wigan won it before being relegated and they are now in League One.

Only adding Petr Cech to the side the season Leciester won the title confirmed to me that he had shit the bed completely.I have to assume that anyone advocating for him seeing out his final year is not even an Arsenal fan, but a Spud or rent boy in disguise. No one who cares about this club can make a case for him staying. There is no argument for it, and anyone trying to make it can fuck off.

5 Likes

For the life of me, I can’t understand why Wenger’s gone completely to shit this season. It’s not in his best interest. I expected this next season, if anything, if the theories of him leaving us in the shit are true