Arsène Wenger

Jardim would be a sensible move I think. Steadies the ship so to speak and would actually deploy a clear system to these players.

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/968459703956246529?s=19

Allegri added to the shortlist. I have my small reservations about him too, think he plays a little too midtabl-ey at times (as good as Tottenham were, surrendering the impetus at home is not something Juventus should be doing) but I’d love him.

Come join us and actually win finals and leave the serial bottlers Higuain etc.

1 Like

I don’t rate Allegri.

Very troubling not even the clickbaiters are mentioning Tuchel

And they daren’t even dream about someone like Simeone, who would certainly be a misfit temperamentally, and perhaps one of the reasons I would love him right now.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/JamesOlley/status/968478369326170112

Sorry don’t care for Europa win if it means he stays. Let’s get knocked out ASAP

Theres no chance of us winning Europa anyway.

6 Likes

Why not?

He’s a top manger IMO, there’s not a lot of candidates I’d rather have above him.

Tuchel on the other hand is more of a risk.

I’m not really convinced about he’s what we need desperately need. He strikes me as a diluted version of Conte in terms of tactics but without the strong personality. I think Simeone would be a better shout if you’re looking for tactical discipline

I like Tuchel because there’s a method to his madness. I think he can make best use of our current attacking options, out of the managers being mentioned, before they start to decline.

He fits the profile of what we need in next Arsenal manager best.

2 Likes

Completely agree, just a shame he looks to be one of the most unrealistic options.

Don’t think he’s a Chelsea manager but can definitely see him at Spurs if Madrid poach Pochettino.

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/968483120977731584?s=19

Lol

Deffo makes sense that the Kroenke s are pissed off now there is no CL money and the coffers are being drained by Wenger in a last ditch attempt to be successful.

2 Likes

It’s goin down.

Its strange because you openly admit that Wenger is your guy and you love him even when people were saying change is needed. Now it seems change is happening you seem content with it…what’s up?

1 Like

Nah he’s a Sven ultra now. Been Wenger out for a while.

4 Likes

Sven mustn’t be cut. :eyes:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/968465110170824704?s=19

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/968259074369490945?s=19

Don’t think they have to be a miracle worker tbh, as craigie says it won’t take much to improve on the current situation.

John Cross as usual talking balls and you guys are right, fully deserves to be the butt of the Ornstein meme jokes.

Sounds like BS… but if true, just get some balls Ivan/Stan and remove the guy…

1 Like

The case for Wenger was always be careful what you wish for in the post Wenger apocalypse. But seriously, there are names people want and names they don’t but every “OMG no way!” name ( Howe, Rodgers etc. ) is really unlikely to have us in a worse place than Wenger now.

It’s worth paying Wenger off and replacing him. I don’t think we’re a sack them mid-season kind of club but there is absolutely no argument to be made for keeping him beyond this summer. I think we’re big enough to be able to get a name nearer the top of the shortlist than the bottom but we have assets in their late 20s who can’t afford to waste another season coasting under Wenger waiting for his exit. There was no point breaking the bank for Auba in January 18 in the hope that a good manager in August 19 is going to do something with him.

9 Likes

He’s different to Conte in that he’s more adaptable and less rigid.

In terms of personality he had no issue putting Bonucci in his place, sure Simone would be a great option for tactical stability but the same goes for Allegri and he’s the more realistic option.

Unless he’s changed quite a bit I’m not quite convinced Tuchel is ready for the big time tbh, can easily see his next appointment ending in a similar fashion to those before which isn’t exactly amicable in addition to not having the right balance between attack and defence.

He strikes me as similar to Klopp in terms of highly impressive attacking play and lackadaisical defensive acumen which is not what we need. It’s more than likely we’d still be breached for fun under Tuchel , same can’t be said for Allegri.

1 Like

So my twitter itks the two I trust that have seemed to be spot on the last two months, say the following about Wenger:

There was a big meeting yesterday where Kroenke and Gazidis supposedly agreed that if we don’t win the Europa league and get CL football, they will convince Wenger to step down. Wenger will be moved upstairs and basically be made a glorified mascot.

One of these guys has been adamant that Pep is the number one guy on our list. He swears up and down since the end of December that Pep has wanted to manage Arsenal, and is intrigued by the challenge of rebuilding the club. Moley says, replacements haven’t even been discussed.

Anyways, all a lot of conjecture and hearsay but, it’s still fun to talk about.

1 Like

I wanted him out the summer he signed his latest extension, when we came second to Leicester. I just think all the outrage of him being so terrible is way ott, considering he’s still been able to give us a lot to celebrate in the FA Cup very recently. Only missing top 4 in an ultra competitive league last year by 1 point, the first time in 20 years. The fact he’s blamed for every little thing is just annoying to me.

This season though has just been mind boggling bad, and it’s getting worse. He’s so terribly bad in the transfer market, our team has deteriorated massively. We haven’t bought a replacement for Cazorla, and the overall technical ability of this team has been reduced to rubble. I still don’t think he’s a useless manager, but he’s not helped himself at all by at least buying himself some competent players.

Anyways, he’s our manager and I have great respect for him, so I’m not going to sit around and bash him. I wish him to win us as much as he can until the board wake up and find us a suitable replacement.

1 Like