Arsène Wenger

ugh all those candidates are so very underwhelming. The only candidate for me is Simeone, the rest are just bleh.

1 Like

A Frenchman walks into a Pole :rofl:

1 Like

The board (well, Ivan anyway) went and recruited the Barca director of football and paid a release fee to get the Dortmund head of recruitment. There’s no real reason to think they are then gonna cheap it out on the manager to save what? 2-3m a year?

8 Likes

Any candidate is better than this fraud. It’s been 10 years of this shambolic football. He did well the first half of his time here but overstayed his welcome by a large margin. Anyone in his position with a bit of dignity would have left at least 4 seasons ago. Not Wenger though, the narcissist will burn down what he built and make us a solid mid table club. What a way to end your legacy.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mattspiro/status/968401225451495425
https://twitter.com/mattspiro/status/968403365590859776

I can’t say i’ve followed Monaco that closely this season. But I guess there will be reservations with every candidate.

1 Like

We might have just lost the Carabao Cup but we’re in with a chance of the Charisma Cup still.

5 Likes

So true mate. Everytime we go through a bad spell the media start talk about sacking the manager and which players we could sign.

Can’t believe some people would even have a waiter to replace Wenger. We need to choose well.

https://twitter.com/grahamb195/status/967668303165558784

How can we not beat these guys wtf it’s almost like there isn’t a level playing field.

The problem isn’t that we lost. Going into that game we were always going to be underdogs.

This problem is the manner in which we lost.

2 Likes

I think the players know Wenger is gone. My ITK twitter guys have been saying that since the end of January, that there will be change. Now more smoke, and momentum is picking up on it as well.

I still don’t see him going at seasons end, I don’t tbink he will walk away from his contract & I can see the board sacking him.

This is why I have said for a while that he will go at the end of the season.

Wenger doesn’t give the same interviews he used to.
When asked, just over half way through the season, did he think he would get a top four place, he said it would be difficult.
When has he ever given such a downbeat answer midway through a season?

He admitted that last season his dithering over a new contract was one of the main reasons we were so poor, so if he continues after this one, imagine what it will be like when the players know he is leaving at the end of his contract.

Like you say, it’s starting to look obvious that the players know he is leaving and the motivation isn’t there.

I just can’t see how, after another inept season and finishing behind all our rivals yet again, how he could stay, even if he won the Europa League.

1 Like

Wigan beat them in the FA Cup.

2 Likes

Guardiola has obviously spent more than Wenger but it just shows Wenger’s stubbornness in persisting with his tight fisted approach to the transfer market.

I think even if Wenger had the Man City squad and Guardiola had ours, Wenger still wouldn’t win the PL.

Also just because Man City have spent more than us, how does that account for several other clubs who haven’t spent as much, finishing above us, or outplaying us, like Nottingham Forest and the Swedish village team?

https://twitter.com/MarkyMBryans/status/968111573008044032

“Few went to the match with high expectations. What we now have amongst Arsenal supporters is a huge dose of apathy. It’s as if the fight has gone because supporters know it’s futile.”

“Yesterday’s match must mark a turning point,” she added.

“For the sake of our football club, the board must grasp the nettle. It is clear that steps (which are acknowledged and welcomed) have already been taken to secure the future of the club but the hardest decision of all still sits with the club and that concerns the manager.

“Nobody is denying what he has achieved for the club but that cannot be used as a self-serving justification to prevent change.

“It simply cannot continue. It is not about winning silverware. The problems are so much more deep-rooted than that and are undermining the values on which our club has been built.”

1 Like

Its one thing to allow players to express themselves on the pitch with abandon - however without direction and information regarding your opponents and how to nullify the other team whilst playing your own game means only one outcome regularly.

It’s sad to be honest to see the decline of such a big club and although I have the utmost respect for Wenger his time really is up before he destroys his legacy completely.

I’m not sure how well his French is, but he took the effort to learn it. That says something imo. Is the communication bad with players or press? The latter really doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I can’t wait till Wenger leaves and we never suffer an embarrassing result agin :roll_eyes:

Hate stuff like that. It’s football there will always be highs and lows

1 Like

Exactly. We didn’t even try. “City are better so who cares”. Look at Burnley who had a go at them and got a draw in the end.