Arsène Wenger

1 more than Wenger

1 Like

Completely difrent circumstances though, If wenger has spent his career touring the biggest clubs in Europe’s top devisions he would have a lot more than that, thankfully he sacrificed that and dedicated his life to the club we all love :+1:

1 Like

Highbury wasn’t literally ‘falling down’ but if we stayed it would’ve looked out of place in modern football, so Emirates was a big upgrade

21 years, 10 major trophies, 683 wins, 1 new stadium, many special moments and great football. One AW

4 Likes

Tbh I’m not that keen on CA either. I’d prefer Simeone

Wenger’s got 4 League titles?

Depends on how old you are lol… but assuming you have at least 20 years ahead, it seems pretty damn likely just by happenstance that we get the title at least once… two years ago should have taught us this - every once in a while a few of the top teams have a blip of a season and someone can steal it.

Simeone has been my choice for a while and I stand by it. I don’t believe the next manager will last more than 3-5 years anyway and what we need is a serious f*cker who will whip the club and players into shape and get discipline and true winning obsession back… then once we are stabilized we can go for a bit more of an expansive football mind. I also think Simeone’s reputation is exaggerated in terms of his “non-football”… he is pragmatic, yes, but you have to be when your finances are dwarfed so massively by the 2 big clubs (btw - this is a MUCH larger handicap than we have financially).

2 Likes

Simeone works with what he’s got and in all honesty is a superior manager to Ancelotti in this point in time.

Also how did he bottle two finals exactly? Because that’s a load of BS tbh.

@ljungbergkamp: yes it’s overblown for sure, if he went on to manage a super club I doubt he’d play the same way it would be similar to a Poch approach most likely. He’s clearly a manager that can adapt.

Marco Silva anyone?

Guy looks legit has Watford going really well like Poch did at Southampton

2 Likes

Highbury is timeless. It will never look out of place. It’s such a shame it couldn’t be redeveloped.

2 Likes

Need to see a hell of a lot more from him before he’d get the keys, although he is doing quite well.

We get the next appointment and the club could be set back at least a decade.

Wenger, twenty one seasons, 10 major trophies.
Around one trophy every two seasons

Graham, eight seasons, six major trophies, including a European trophy.
Around two trophies every three seasons.

Do you realise there was a club before Wenger don’t you?

I don’t think he’s attainable. He again extended his contract to 2020 a few weeks ago.

Yeah we are a day late and a dollar short… again…

:wenger2:

IMO, Pep is a cheque book manager. He is nothing special and will struggle the moment he has to manage a team with a limited budget.

That’s the sad truth. Our gutless board cannot/do not want to think of life beyond Arsene.

Here is a different spin on the same.

21 years, 0 European titles, no league titles in 13 years, too many humiliating and embarrassing defeats, boring football in the last few seasons, outdated, irrelevant, deluded, FINISHED.

2 Likes

Why do people aleays do this? George Graham took a bung and went on to manage spurs ffs, he isn’t fit to lace wengers boots

If George Graham was anywhere near as good as wenger why didn’t he have similar success at Leeds Utd and thotenham after he left arsenal in disgrace?

I thought this discussion started because GG (the user not Graham lol) said that Arsenal wasn’t a big club before Wenger, so naturally people brought up some of our achievements before Wenger to highlight what bullshit that was. As opposed to people deciding to try and compare Wenger unfavourably with Graham, which seems to be what you’re suggesting.

2 Likes

It is.
We told kaner that yesterday aswell but he seems to have forgotten and posted the exact same post again. :neutral_face::neutral_face:

1 Like

Look at the to posts above mine