Arsène Wenger

No one is.

Gunnergirl was talking down the anfield 89 title win if anything it’s the other way about

2 Likes

Wasn’t downplaying the win at all, we just had similar title wins at United and Spurs stadium, which are underrated. I get Anfield 89 was special due to needing 2 goals to win and doing it in dramatic fashion

The 2004 title wrap up at Tottenham was a disappointing draw at a bang average mid table side after leading 2-0 :joy:

Game is irrelevant, point is embarrassing our local rivals that we celebrated winning the title in their stadium

2 Likes

Yeah I know I was just being a smartarse

1 Like

What’s up with this thread? It has erupted today! :mustafi:

Anfield 89 wasn’t just about winning the league title in our rival’s stadium. That was a bonus. It was exciting because of the circumstances. The fact that we got the exact score we needed and scored the goal we needed right at the end of the last game of the season.

Anfield 89 > the league win at White Hart Lane all day long.

2 Likes

If we hadn’t won against united we would have just won the league in the next game. Its simply not comparable to Anfield 89, we had basically one minute to score a goal or we didn’t win the league, can you imagine the pressure? But the boys handled it and got the job done!!

2 Likes

What the fuck are you talking about? Absolute nonsense now.

2 Likes

Just gonna say it, even though it might sound mental…

Apart from the financial benefits… Highbury > Cashburton. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Reading the last 20 or so posts in this thread, it’s like poor Gunner Girl’s in a sinking boat and you’re just systematically depriving her of anything she can find to bail out with :eyes:

…We all are, being a fan of Arsenal Football Club. :giroud3:

1 Like

Highbury was replaced because it became too small for a club of Arsenal’s size, that’s right no?

Out of all the known top managers, Ancelotti would be a very welcome replacement for Wenger. The 09/10 league win was very impressive, he broke the record for most goals scored in a season iirc. He’s also won the CL with 3 different teams so you’d hope he’d eventually make us his 4th if he stuck around for long enough.

But we won’t sack Wenger and he won’t be jobless for best part of 2 years. We’ll miss out on him again.

1 Like

Only being Invincible beats 89 win.
89 title win is movie esque and it bothers me a lot when the Ageuro moment is considered better than 89.

City had to completely bottle it against a side fighting relegation at home. Then Barton made it easy for them to win it.

Compare that to Arsenal going to Liverpool one of best sides in world at Anfield and with just 3 mins to go with ball in Liverpool’s possession.

Fuck Ageuro, Fuck City and fuck anyone who thinks City win is better than 89.

7 Likes

How does that equate to falling down?

1 Like

To be fair GG also won the league only loosing once and only conceding 14 goals or something like that but personally I agree Invincables>Anfield

Exactly.
Only Sky Sports think it is comparable.
To them, anything before the PL is irrelevant.

His CL record is amazing but only 4 league titles in his career isn’t perticularly impressive is it? Especially at the clubs he has managed over the past 20 years?

1 Like

I think it was sixteen goals and it was a great achievement.

The Invincibles season will be remembered as a great season because it is such an amazing record but the excitement of beating Liverpool at their ground is easily the best match I have seen.

So basically:
Invincibles - best season
Liverpool - best match

2 Likes