Arsène Wenger

How did lolpool, Chelsea, and United all finish outside of the top 4 places during that time then?

1 Like

We all know plenty of them on OA.

Not seen one post demanding loyalty.

Yeah the facts are the facts and I can’t argue that the last 4 seasons of Wenger haven’t been better than the first 4 seasons post Wenger.

Lots of that is on this pathetic club not knowing what people to appoint though.

3 Likes

Sometimes I blame Arsene for not implementing a proper succession plan. But then again there’s only so much one can do.

Everybody with a working set of eyes can tell you that regardless of how the 4 seasons after him have gone - his dismissal was long overdue.

It’s easy for people like BW to romanticise the last 5-6 years of Wenger time at Arsenal but was awful. We never looked capable of challenging for major honours, we were routinely embarrassed in Europe and we lost a title to Leicester fucking City

On top of that, Wenger recruitment became disastrous and he was steady dishing out big contracts to undeserving players leaving us with a bloated squad and an inflated wage bill

2 Likes

Losing the league to Leicester was more catastrophic than us missing out on top 4.

4 Likes

Yeah mate as you’re aware, I was an advocate for Wenger’s departure several years before it finally happened.

2 Likes

100%. @BigWeng_4LYFE will have excuses tho.

I would also add being top of the league at Christmas time , losing Eduardo to a horrific injury and Wenger signed an injured midfielder on loan until the end of the season.
What was that about.
Crazy !

I remember listening to Stan Collymore who was at the Emirate’s stadium.
The fans and game was well over ,
Collymore said to these words

‘I’m looking down on the magnificent Emirates pitch , there are 22 tractors cutting the pitch, the club have all these but won’t go and buy a goal scorer’

That summed everything up about the last years of Wengers tenure.

2 Likes

It’s the year 2087 and we’re still discussing Wenger’s final years as Arsenal manager

2 Likes

Who was it you wanted In? I’m sure you mentioned it before.

3 Likes

Tim Cahill player-manager.

1 Like

Conte calling Top 4 a trophy…
Wenger has blood on his hands…

Surely now he’ll visit the Emirates?

6 Likes

nah too busy being fifas puppet

1 Like

So many iconic images. Tough choice

2 Likes

It’s from his leaving ceremony but I’d go with this one