Arsène Wenger

Outspoken for clubs like this, except for PSG. :grimacing:

That’s got serious Don Revie vibes…

Think he would be a bit more sincere than that. Although if he goes to PSG maybe not.

He also managed to transform a big club back to a mid table club. As revolutionary as he once was the rest of the football world catched up. Then they overtook him and left him behind.

4 Likes

Turns out he’s doing soccer aid. ROW at Wembley against England.

Who says the international break has to be depressing?! :grin:

Soccer Aid isn’t till June or July. Its a summer thing haha

1 Like

Did he?

I will tell you what is midtable.
Trying to replace a legendary manager between a might list of options that included only Emery & Arteta; with a last-minute switcheroo to Emery.
We could do better than Wenger, ends up with double-digit shots on our own goal Emery.

I will tell you what is midtable
Sacking Emery and then getting knocked out of the Europa cup by Emery

I will tell you what is midtable.
Getting rich off the hard work of Wenger, being able to pay 70m on a single player, shell out 45m lumpsum on Partey, forward big contract to Auba and still end up having miserable seasons 4 years since Wenger’s departure.

I will tell you what is midtable
Want to let go of Wenger because he didn’t finish in Top 4 only to find yourself spending 4 seasons outside Top 4. Because that’s where this club naturally belongs.

He made you guys relevant and gave you shitheads the delusion that this club was always a big club.

1 Like

No I’m sorry, still not convinced.

5 Likes

Available to stream now

4 Likes

Just finished watching this. It’s a really well put together doc. One thing that comes across very strongly is how much the players feel that thier achievements were every bit as much his as they were their own.

I loved the scenes of him watching Van Nistoolroys pen miss. Absolute joy on his face all these years later knowing what it meant in the grand scheme of things.

It’s impossible to imagine any other manager will achieve what he did at this club. Whatever about the few years towards the end, all the mistakes that were made, whatever, he gave us so much good and I’ll always love him for it.

9 Likes
1 Like

That last bit about the defending though was exactly his teams in the latter years.

2 Likes

Wenger is a superb pundit. Honestly I could listen to guys like him and Mourinho break the game down on TV all day.

Such a big difference to the shit you get from Micah Richards and Gary Neville.

9 Likes
4 Likes

All that cup juice. Can’t believe we didn’t win a European trophy under him. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Mad stat. Almost unbelievable that pep and moron-ho have only ever won the FA Cup once.

1 Like

Wenger never had 6 teams to fight with until 2016/17

Look what happens when he did :eyes:

5 Likes

led by those now demanding absolute loyalty.

I’m sure he’ll have no problem proving this part. Derp.