Arsène Wenger

Hate Talksport but that’s worth a listen. I really like hearing from Keown, I don’t always agree with what he says, -in this case I certainly didn’t want to see Wenger climb the Arsenal ladder after he was sacked-- but it’s the fashion and conviction in how he articulates his point I respect. Doesn’t look to put anyone down to build his ideals up. One of the older greats I do really have time for when he speaks about the club.

@BigWeng_4LYFE this is the kind of stuff you should be taking notes on with regard to finding an entry point for Wenger back into the club. Not just taking a dislike to our new managers because they aren’t Arsene but looking at the fact we are a young and naïve club from top to bottom at the moment and perhaps putting forward the concept that Arsene could be beneficial to that young dynamic. It’s not something I feel or want but I can’t deny that Martin put forward some food for thought, and that’s the first step in bringing someone over to your side of a debate.

1 Like

Keep telling urself that my dood. I and so many others think Mikel is shit and his football is shit and that’s why I dislike the guy. If his teams played sexy football and were banging in goals I’d have no issue. Dood was a cone boy for Pep, took over a well drilled Wenger team, and won the FA Cup, so he thinks he’s a genius now. When he’s just an arrogant shitter. Equivalent of a rich kid being born with a silver spoon in his mouth and thinking he did something in life :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’m really not a huge fan of Simon Jordan.
Martin Keown however, there’s obviously Arsenal bias here but what a guy, I love listening to him talk about Arsenal.

I’m with @BigWeng_4LYFE on this, Arteta is garbage and it’s not a case of choosing Wenger at all odds, if we’d appointed good people in the first place and not equalled United in fucking up the management appointment we’d not be having these conversations, we’d have all moved on from Wenger but we haven’t because we’ve replaced him with people who are no more capable than he was at his worst!

7 Likes

There’s a psychology to it as well. If we’d hired Allegri you can look at his body of work and say, well he’s produced the goods elsewhere so if he’s struggling there’s still a hope that he can come good if the club make some adjustments.

When you hire an unknown like Mikel, it’s soul crushing to watch the same shit for two years with seemingly no improvement and no light at the end of the tunnel. Mikel is shit, we’ve only ever seen him be shit, I have no choice but to hate the dirt pounder. He’s also not an endearing person. Comes off as an arrogant brown noser. Perfect match for this club tho :joy::joy:

4 Likes

But… but… what about the flukey FA Cup win?!

1 Like

If we’d had good people in the first place Wenger would of been sacked years ago.
Even when he was getting fucked about at Bournemouth and Brighton we didn’t sack him. Gave him a fucking farewell tour on the cabaret circuit too say goodbye.

4 Likes

Or even Post-Wenger, we interviewed Allegri and thought otherwise :roll_eyes: thanks Gazidis and Raul, thanks for nothing.

3 Likes

That’s the legacy of a club losing its way in modern day football and relevancy.

1 Like

This is is it 100% When A4tt admits this then I’ll take him seriously on the health of the club. Until then it’s always going to be Arsene over Arsenal, our current circumstance just gives the luxury of fueling both agendas.

Anyone who gives or gave a single shit about the future of this club was crying for Wenger to go while he was setting fire to everything amazing he helped build. We didn’t hire Allegri because of the hierarchy Wenger built,- we need to remember he was on the fucking interview panel for Gazidis, his fucking potential boss. I will never get over the backwards ass nature of that.

4 Likes

He was the most important individual of this club from when Dein left.
Took on too much responsibility. Manfully at first tbf but refused to adapt when his limitations in off field matters arose, which then impacted on his coaching.
To remain in these positions he manoeuvred yes men around him and had a massive say in club policy.
Being a skilled politician in his latter years enabled this ongoing debacle.

5 Likes

There was something there that Keown hinted to but didn’t go into any further detail and I can’t understand why we aren’t talking about it more. Forgive me if this has been brought up before but this was the first I’ve heard of it today.

When Keown said that “a psychologist” came in to remove any trace of Wenger from the club, pictures, etc, what the actual fuck was that all about? What type of cult of personality bullshit is that? Like seriously at the end of the day he’s a fucking manager not a god. What a fucking mess.

4 Likes

Yeah I found that interesting. Surely that gets picked up on.
Also it’s interesting listening to Keown as he was a very big supporter and apologist for Wenger for a number of years in the media.

3 Likes

I think it’d be weirder if we didn’t have pictures of our most successful manager knocking about to be honest.

1 Like

Thought the family run business angle was also weird, this kind of sentimentality is what backfired on Wenger, too much loyalty to players that didn’t deliver and too many bullshitting footballers who could never raise their game (or left the club for something better) for the coach they supposedly loved and respected.

5 Likes

Though that’s clearly not the weird part though is it? Having a mental health professional come in advising the club to remove them is bizarre no matter how you cut it.

1 Like

they need to get the same guy to visit @BigWeng_4LYFE cure him of his wenger ills

2 Likes

Hahaha

Yea it’s odd but we don’t have the full context from an anecdote relayed by Keown on some radio show. We were inviting all sorts of shady cunts into the club not so long ago so who the fuck knows what went on. I mean, I don’t think we got rid of the pics so at the end of the day it’s essentially just some cunt who said some shit.

Maybe they were tasteful nudes

No sane person would want rid of them.

1 Like