Arsenal's Best Possible Starting XI?

LENO

TIERNEY SOKRATIS HOLDING BELLERÍN

TORREIRA GUENDOUZI CEBALLOS

PEPE LACAZETTE AUBAMEYANG

3 Likes

#1 at home, #3 away.

A little lightweight in midfield with number two, Torreira and Ceballos have a cumulative weight lighter than my unshaven balls. :pires1:

1 Like

I think you forget how big Cabellos balls actually is.

Torreira is small but aggresive as feck. Makes up for his lack of size.

You think the amount you do this you’d eventually get the left and right backs correct by sheer luck.

12 Likes

U donut !

3 Likes

After today, Guendouzi deserves a shout. In fact, I know exactly who our new #4 should be.

3, but with Nelson instead of ozil

1 Like

I like #1 but it might be too offensive-minded. I also would try to squeze Gonzo into any starting 11 but it seems too difficult lol

Barring the full backs being the wrong way around as has already been stated, this would be my preferred team.
It’s got balance, huge attacking potential, pace and potential to dominate in midfield. This also then helps paper over the weakest part of our team (central defence).
I would choose this formation for all away games, and the harder home games, and then swap out Guendouzi/Ceballos/Torreira for Ozil as a CAM in the home games against weaker opposition for that extra killer pass.

1 Like

@Calum you do make me laugh with your team round the wrong way

Auba at LW. :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:
Really hard to pick an eleven having to conform Auba, Pepe and Laca. Add Ozil to the mix and it’s clusterfuck.

Call yourself an AKB! For shame! :triumph:

haha pretty sure I was never in any team like AKB, nor did I ever think he knew best. He did know pretty well though I often give him that. I am pretty actively Arsene-Wasn’t-Ebola though if there is a team like that. Such a team would leave people in awe. No more pokes now, I’m rewatching The Thing with Kurt Russell from 82. It obviously hasn’t aged perfectly but the dialogue is actually alright.

3 Likes
1 Like

Imagine if we get Coutinho?

--------------------Leno---------------------
Bellerin—Papa—Holding—Tierney
-------Torreira---------Guendouzi-----
Pepe---------Ceballos-------Coutinho
--------------------Auba-----------------------

What do u think?

Is Shootinho never played centrally then?

I’d put Aubameyang on the wing, Lacazette up front, move coutinho to CAM and have Torreira and Ceballos in CM

1 Like

I thought he was deployed there for lolpool iirc but Barca seemed to have him wide.

He was good for Liverpool and shit for Barca :unai: