Arsenal Women

That was absolute FILTH

1 Like

Heard on the radio Jordan Nobbs might be out for the season, that’s a horrible loss :pensive:

I’ve never thought much about the women’s game. Where do they play, and what are attendance figures like?

I know they play at Meadow Park, but not sure what the attendance figures are like.

The last couple of home league games seem to be around the 1,500 mark.

There were 45,000 people at the women’s FA Cup final this year between Arsenal and Chelsea, a new record. So the game is growing, but quite slowly – especially in terms of the league.

My daughter is starting to really enjoy watching highlights with me and she always wants to see the women first. They’re pretty much her team, more so than the mens team although she likes watching them too. I’m really glad the game is growing, ultimately it means more eyes, more money, more resources, raising quality. More girls getting into the game, more families enjoying football together.

4 Likes

I’d really like the men’s and women’s world cups and euros to be synchronised in the same summers together. (Not necessarily in the same country mind)

It would mean the festival of football in the summers would continue and more attention and interest would be paid to the women’s game.

I remember seeing there was research that showed there was more interest in women’s events if they were around the same time as men’s events.

1 Like

I’ve never really watched women’s football as I should but I prefer 22 sweaty men for 90 minutes myself :stuck_out_tongue:

:grinning::netherlands:

1 Like

She’s a better footballer than a lot of our men

2 Likes

Shades of zlatan there

Shades of Mustafi and Lovren there too

Thank God, I saw that you were the most recent person to comment on this thread and I was deeply worried about what I’d see after clicking on the thread.

8 Likes

:smiley: :netherlands:

2 Likes

She’s be knocking in the goals for fun for Arsenal ladies, she must be favorite to win both. Good going for Arsenal to get her signed down for another few years.

Arsenal ladies have very good exiting young team, and have caught up with moneybags of City and Chelsea.

Arsenal aren’t exactly plucky underdogs in the women’s football world. Very similar spending to City and Chelsea.

Really? I thought they lost a lot of their good players over the last few years cause City and Chelsea were offering them big wages. Must be only in recent times that’s changed.

On a lighter note for Arsenal, the girls beat Everton 2-1 today and are just one win away from securing their first title in 7 years :+1:

5 Likes

Great news, at least the ladies aren’t bottlers

Yeah we play B&HA away on Sunday in a week, could seal it there.