Arsenal Women

I couldn’t believe all the pundits were writing us off for the league lol.

We have the best team. I think we will win it again

GOAL: West Ham 1-9 Arsenal

1 Like

I’d take this score next Saturday night aswell please.

The men have something to prove here now

Only because, like their male counterparts, City and Chelsea have been splashing the cash. But we just just have to use that to our advantage, we have a settled squad.

3 Likes

Class from the ladies, looking like a great season in store.

Two games, two wins, 15 team goals and two hat-tricks for Jill Roord. Remarkable.

1 Like

Bit gutted this clashed with Liverpool vs Leeds haha would have liked to have watched it.

Hope there is highlights on YouTube or something

Can Arsenal women beat Chelsea and Man City though? Given how much both of those teams have strengthened, that looks a difficult task but with Miedema anything seems possible.

2 Likes

Man United also brought in two really strong players in Press and Heath. For a while I thought Heath was one of the best players on the US team. The current best player on the US team of course now plays at City.

I’m not quite sure how Alex Morgan will fit at Spurs and how she’d come back from maternity leave but she’s also really fucking good.

Big worry is the defense for me. I think Manu Zinsberger is a good keeper and her IG game is strong but sometimes I wonder if she’s got a mistake in her. Getting caught by Dan Carter last week was kind of amateur hour.

It’s going to be a good season if both the club’s teams keep going like this :grin:

I throw in Man Utd women too, they’ve signed some good talent especially from the States.

I think this Arsenal women’s side are the best out of the top sides of slapping these smaller sides with ease. It’s agaisn’t the top sides that they need to win those games to win this league again, they did it before and they got some serious talent and got Miedema probably the best striker in women’s football. Van De Donk who’s like the Overmas of that side. Jill Roord who’s knocking the goals in for fun. Mead,Little, Nobbs, Williamson, Evans and McCabe. I’m confident on their day they beat any of those sides.

1 Like
1 Like

@Bl1nk do the Dutch women play Viv and Roord together?

Usually Roord comes from the bench and Miedema starts with Van de Donk. Might change next international round though!

1 Like

Chelsea won 9 0 today. Needs too be something done here. Salary cap or something. Sports crap when you have disparities like this on scorelines. Wont hold my breath though with the people in charge running this.

2 Likes

And all three play for Arsenal. Madness. Tough to think of a team besides France that could really challenge the Dutch at the Euros.

@Stroller You can’t have a salary cap. We need other clubs to start investing in the women’s side.

A salary cap would just lead to the good players moving to other leagues.

Theres just not enough talent yet, there’s such a gap between the top tier of players and the tier down.

1 Like

Well something has to give because 6 1, 9 1 and 9 0 are just a joke and wont help any aspect of the game.
It’s getting good exposure at the moment and a ten million contract over 3 seasons. Can’t be wasting this opportunity.

All three are starting for Holland now :bergkamp: World-class midfield and attack, that.

1 Like