Arsenal Vs Villarreal (UEL)

I feel like Saka has done enough this season to have deserved the right not to be used as left back anymore. Even if he’s the most logical option left.

I don’t understand why we haven’t given it a go with Pablo Mari.

If Nketiah starts or we lose the tie Arteta can just fck right off :rofl:

1 Like

Mari is the slowest of all options. Why not just play Cedric there and put Bellarin at RB? That’s the most logical lineup.

Front three of Saka, Auba, Pepe with Martinelli to sub on should we need him either on the flanks or in the middle.

Partey and Xhaka in midfield with Ødegaard ahead of them. The team really picks itself but Arteta wants to look like a genius so I don’t expect that lineup at all.

2 Likes

I just don’t understand that sentiment. As if he’d be forced to only defend? He’d get forward plenty, he’d cause problems and we’d stand a better shot going through.

1 Like

This has to be the biggest non event of a semi final ever. I keep forgetting about it till I see this thread.

No excitement or nerves. Nothing :disappointed:

3 Likes

Whine of duty

1 Like

He’s our most valuable player already, at this point we go as far as he takes us from that right wing position. Obviously a lot of that has to do with the fact that we are not properly set up, but regardless of the reason he has that role. The fact that Emery was giving him triple coverage is prove of that. I don’t think that it’s in our best interest to take away from that by playing him as a left back. Especially if that means that Willian gets into the team. We have to look for other solutions than Xhaka on left back but not by possibly diminishing the role/influence that Saka has on this team.

1 Like

People in here get mad when Auba plays on the left yet they want Saka who has predominantly been playing as a RW the past months to go back to LB in a semi final.

2 Likes

Is there any other good alternatives though that can help give us what Tierney does offensively? Saka hasn’t been setting the world alight lately anyway from the right wing, I can definitely see the reasoning for Pepe/Odegaard/ESR and Saka in at LB. Maybe even a back 3 and Saka as LWB so he’s not defending as much.

Leno
Chambers Gabriel Xhaka
Partey
Bellerin Ødegaard Smith-Rowe Saka
Pepe Aubameyang

If I’m setting this team up;

Ryan

Chambers - Luiz - Gabriel - Cedric

Xhaka - Partey

Saka - ESR - Pepe

Auba

Cedric has shown enough for me to think having him at left back and not having to deal with an Elneny-Partey pivot and also having Xhaka at left back.

Let’s stick to basics.

7 Likes

Really hope Luiz is available

1 Like

Don’t think anyone can gives us what Tierney did offensively from the left.
We have actually switched Saka to the left in some games during the latter stages the past months and I think it only worked once where him and Pepe doubled teamed Cash and Konsa against Villa.
All the other times Saka went all Willian there. :sweat_smile:
I think Cedric has been the most dangerous left back for us, not named Tierney ofc, but he needs a left footed player in front him(Pepe).

1 Like
1 Like

I voted we progress, but I am not confident… they get a goal on some jammy thing and we are out imho.

If KT plays, it’s an auto-win

Hang on, they’re training WITH the team. :open_mouth::hushed::astonished::scream:

1 Like

What the fuck is happening?

The truth of this statement pisses me off. Just play the best players at the fucking position. It’s not difficult.

2 Likes
3 Likes

loooooollllll they’ve definitely just jinxed themselves :joy:

3-0 Arsenal win incoming

4 Likes