Arsenal Vs Tottenham (PL)

Despite our shit show start to the season, this is the most confident going into a NLD I’ve felt for years. Spurs look horrible atm whereas we’ve picked up a bit of form. My only worry is Son. I’m hoping Tomiyasu can put a nice reducer on him early.

12 Likes

Make peace with it, my friend. He’s starting. He’ll play mediocre, as usual. He’ll probably be at fault for a goal.

He is absolutely the last person I’d want coming in cold for a big match but Arteta needs his security blanket.

1 Like

Yeah this is his first big test from a mobilty point of view.

2 Likes

Seriously, I don’t care where we end up on the table this season… just give me a St Totteringham’s day, please.

P.S. Fuck the sp*ds.

4 Likes

Ramadale
Tomiyasu white Gabriel Tierney
Partey Xhaka
Saka Odegaard ESR
Auba

I reckon we go with this team.

3 Likes

I back us to win this. The reasons are quite simple. We are a steaming pile of shit but then so are Spurs. So I back the pile of shit that I support.

2 Likes

You know, on paper this midfield seems awe-inspiring and ready to mix it up with the very best around.

In reality, it’s disjointed, ill-functional with little end product. Very disappointing

1 Like

I hope you’re right. I’m just not so confident after two measly 1-0 wins against bottom dwellers and 3 solid losses.

1 Like

This is a decent line up and easily top six level but, with Arteta as manager, it’s not.

3 Likes

I hope we get a good solid win , not only for the club, the players but for Arteta himself.
COYG

8 Likes

Be really curious how we start.

Obviously I’d love us to start really fast and score early but I do worry that it would play into Arteta’s inherent emo wiener tendencies. If we score in the first ten minutes he’ll start thinking about how we lock it down for the next eighty. That’s dangerous imo.

Aubameyang is due a big game. I’d love to see a midfield without Mr. Housekeys but we know he’ll definitely play. I also think Arteta will drop Saka because he can’t resist doing something a little different in a big match.

So it’s probably: Ramsdale / Tierney-Gabriel-White-Tomiyasu / Xhaka-Partey / ESR-Ødegaard-Pepe / Aubameyang

2 Likes

This is one of those crazy weekends where if we win suddenly we might be back in the fight for top 4, or at least on the peripheral.

Though it’s even more true for Spurs so this is going to be a massively cagey affair and a pivotal 6 pointer in both our seasons.

Can’t wait.

3 Likes

Please, please don’t start this shit again. There were literally people believing we would get top four last season with like 10 games to go and we didn’t even make the Euro Conference League.

4 Likes

If we win would still temper things for a bit, a big issue last season was inconsistency, and there isn’t enough to say we are consistent now, especially against middle and bottom of the table teams.

Let’s just win and get on a roll. Might stop everyone crying at each other for a bit :facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

Optimist

Being in the fight for the top 4 is completely different than saying we’ll get it. If we can’t, in any given season float around the 5th to 6th position in the league around 3 to 6 points off the 4th positioned team then we may as well just put the club into administration. This is genuinely like the lowest expectations lol.

I’ve been saying for literally years our squad isn’t good enough to guarantee top 4, we’re maybe a little better off now but that hasn’t changed, doesn’t mean I don’t want to see us have at least a go over 38 games.

2 Likes

This thread seems to have progressed into acceptance that Xhaka will get the start. lol. Think some comments should be clearer as to whether shown selections are predictions of Arteta’s selection or what is desired.

1 Like

I hear you dude. Btw my post wasn’t directed personally at you, although it did seem that way :sweat_smile:

I just don’t wanna hear any top 4 talk till we win 8 games on the bounce or some shit.

2 Likes

Haha, yeh I’m in complete agreement with you there. Tbh I agree with your overall point in general, top 4 looks way too far off for us this season which is pretty devastating, but I can only pray we find cohesion and some one of United or Spurs completely shit the bed.

Lose tomorrow and our season is dead.

1 Like